Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions please

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kate H View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't have wood flooring - too easy to pull muscles running on a slippery surface (not very good for humans either, if you are visited by elderly people a bit unsteady on their legs). But if you have carpet, why not have a good size Turtle mat just inside the front door? They absorb dirt very well - specially made for muddy paws! - and can then be bunged in the washing machine and put back down very quickly. They have a wide range of colours and designs and last for ever - mine is by the garden door and shows no signs of wear after 7 years of muddy paws (and feet!) and regular washing. Google 'Turtle mats' and you should find them.

Kate, Oliver and Aled
    Agree with Kate. When we first got our little monsters our intention was to put wooden floors down. In view of some of the joint problems Molly developed, we felt she had enough to deal with without a wooden floor.
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have wooden flooing through out my whole flat.. It was here when I bought it and haven't got money to out carpets down but I do agree that hard floors can be hard for dogs to cope with so I have comprimised with a very large rug in the liing room so they have traction with jumping on and off the sofas (although they have steps to get on too) and one in the bedrooms too so they can get on and off the bed with out slipping.

Ruby wouldnt be with out the cold floors in the summer though! Her favorite place to stretch out is in the kitchen on the tiles!

Karen

Ruby - my stunning soul mate who defies the odds every day
    Charlie- my angel at heart and devil at play

Post Thanks / Like

We have hardwood flooring and tile throughout the house, with some area rugs. The dogs seem to do just fine and don't slip and slide- even my girl with SM. What I like is that it's so much easier to clean than carpeting-- both hair and if anyone has an accident (and at 6 months I would wager that there may still be a few potty accidents in your future! ) I used to have carpet in my bedroom and it never felt totally clean to me, even after I had just run the vac over it. If you have a choice, I would hands-down say hard wood flooring.
    Holly, Oliver, Rosalita, and Scarlett

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that area rugs are the way to go. We provide a pathway of area rugs for Nalu to run around the house. My husband came home recently to find diarrhea everywhere and he dragged the rugs outside and hosed them off. Easier than cleaning carpeting.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you folks. Some varied opinions here