Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Collar or Harness?

Post Thanks / Like

I also use a harness for walking, but when training attach the lead to the collar. I found with Bonnie who had SM she also was unable to tolerate the harness her scratching intensified and she also bunnyhopped. So I just used the collar when needed but very rarely with her as she never strayed further than a few meters from me.
    Paula

Molly (Tri female),
    Murphy (Blen boy), and Bonnie (running at the rainbow bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

For my new cav I have been using the Puppia since he was about 8 weeks old, so he doesn't mind that it gets pulled over his head.
    I do love the puppia harnesses, but the EZYDOG branded harness is EXTREMELY hard wearing!

My previous cavalier, i used the ezydog harness for 6 and a half years. It shows NO sign of wear and tear what-so-ever. Just chuck it in the washing machine if it gets dirty and it comes out looking brand new!

And i will most likely get another one of them once he is fully grown because of that fact and i have heard about the buckles on the puppia breaking after a bit, so i just feel safer with one that i KNOW has lasted 6.5 years...

I use a collar inside the house at all times with his council registration tag and my contact details etc attached to it, becuase i only use the harness for walking. I occassionally take off the collar when using the harness, but usually i forget
    ~ Kokoda - Ruby - DOB 26/02/2011, Deniki - Tricolour - DOB 17/02/2013 and RIPAnzac ~