Thread: Max is getting neutered today 10/4/2011 !

Post Thanks / Like

Post Max is getting neutered today 10/4/2011 !

Max is 5 months old. I dropped him off at the vets this morning to get neutered . They called and asked me if I wanted him to get one of his baby teeth pulled because the adult tooth came in beside it. They told me he would be a little sore from getting it pulled but that it is best to do it now while he's under then have to do it later and have him put back under. I just got a call from the vets and he is out from surgery and doing well. I can tell you that right now I am a very happy mommy. I can't wait till I can go pick him up! I'll post later to let you know how he is doing.

Post Thanks / Like

That is good they saw the baby tooth and got it pulled, very thorough and responsible of them. I'm sure Max will be back to his old self in a day or two. I know ours was ready to play fetch the next morning after his neutering.
    Desrae, guardian of two tri-coloured cavaliers, Belle 3 years old and Bobby 1 year/8 months.

Post Thanks / Like

This might be a silly question, but do the baby teeth usually fall out on their own or do they usually have to be pulled? What age do they first start falling out or needing to be pulled???

Hope Max has a pain free and speedy recovery!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The vet said they usually fall out on there own. But since this one didn't they didn't think it would be a good idea to leave it in. It could mess up the bite order of his teeth.

Post Thanks / Like

My best wishes to Max on his snip and his teeth
    Toby will have to get ALL 4 canines pulled because none of them fell out. He now has 8 canines I plan to do it the same time as his neuter too.

Becky

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Max has done real good since getting neutered. He was a little bit out of it when I brought him home but the next day he was trying to go like normal. Today 10/9/2011 makes 5 days since his surgery. I had to put the cone on him because he kept trying to get to his incision area. Here are a couple pics of Max's incision area and him with the cone on. Lol. His incision area looks really good. The vet I took him to did a wonderful job!

Proud mommy to Bryan (son~ 15), Kearson (daughter~11), Avea (golden~10) , Max (Blenheim~5 months) and Manny ( German Shepherd 4 months). I love my babies !

Post Thanks / Like

That is pretty much the same story as my boy. We got a phone call about pulling out his teeth,
    we had to get is two bottom ones pulled for the same reason.
    She said they probably would have fallen out on their own, but pulling them would most likely cause him less pain.

The only difference is that I don't even think Kokoda noticed he was missing his 'bits' he was acting like normal the next morning after the drugs wore off and never even looked at his incision more than once. Helpful for us!

That is a very clean job. I would keep your vet
    Max is SO cute! I love his eyes!
    ~ Kokoda - Ruby - DOB 26/02/2011, Deniki - Tricolour - DOB 17/02/2013 and RIPAnzac ~

Post Thanks / Like

Awww, what a sweet boy. It's been years since I've had a make neutered, but I know it was difficult for me to keep Claire quiet after her spaying.

We noticed that one of Claires baby teeth was still intact even before her spaying, and mentioned it to the Vet who said she would pull it while under. It was pretty solid in, and so we were pretty sure it wasn't coming out in it's own. My Vet said she sees this more with toy breeds. I've not it happen with any of my other dogs.

Give a gentle hug to Max from Claire and I.
    Cindy and Claire
    Claire was born on Feb7, 2010