• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Horray! It stopped raining!

lscott

cl*p Finially, it has stopped raining and I'm happy to report that both dogs are again going potty outside! My little boy,Cambridge, had no accidents in the house today and even came to door to go out twice today. Really hoping for a stretch of decent weather so we can get this house breaking thing down. I got Windsor last summer and was able to spend a lot of time outdoors with him. Sure made housebreaking easier!

I got Guinness right before the wettest winter on record for our area. Ugh, I tracked mud everywhere, hated the rain, it was awful. But now he knows to go outside, do his stuff and run back to the house.

Then I got Thistle right before a 4 month drought, gorgeous spring weather, I loved it. Then one day it rained, and Thistle regressed horribly. She'd do ANYTHING to keep her feet dry. She still HATES rainy days.

So rain during puppyhood isn't all bad, they need to learn to deal with the real world.

Oh I LOVE those moments when the rain finally stops!! Its like everything goes back to normal ;) Brooky is doing much better in the rain as she gets older, but everything always goes a little haywire when it rains (like, never going at the normal times, holding it as long as possible, not eating outside, etc!).

Back