• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavalier 5 years old and no SM/CM

Hello Cavalierfriends,
After so much bad news about the Cavalier here in Belgium and The Netherlands I'm very happy that there is also some good news... this morning posted on a dutch Cavalierforum... Charley, 5 years old, MRI tested and has no SM/CM.
Let's hope there will be more such news in the future :xfngr:

Hi Linda,
Wonderful to hear such good news.It just shows the importance of scanning older cavaliers.
Best wishes to Charley and his fortunate owners.
Sins

Fantastic news!!!

Please could you ask them to send a copy of the report to Sarah Blott at the Animal Health Trust [with a copy of his pedigree] for the EBV project.

Please could they also get in touch with Penny Knowler [researcher] I understand they are trying to find dogs clear of CM. Thank you.

[email protected]

Fantastic news!!!

Please could you ask them to send a copy of the report to Sarah Blott at the Animal Health Trust [with a copy of his pedigree] for the EBV project.

Please could they also get in touch with Penny Knowler [researcher] I understand they are trying to find dogs clear of CM. Thank you.

[email protected]

This is very good news indeed.

I understand that cavaliers without CM are very rare indeed so this dog will be invaluable to the researchers who are looking for the genes for CM and for SM.

I do hope the owner will contact Clare Rusbridge & Penny Knowler.

I'm so sorry but a new answer from the owner of Charley after a lot of reactions on that dutch Cavalierforum:

'After another consultation, it seems that there must have been a misunderstanding. Charley is SM free but certainly not CM free.'

Of course I am a little disappointed but fine that Charley still is SM free.

I'm so sorry but a new answer from the owner of Charley after a lot of reactions on that dutch Cavalierforum:

'After another consultation, it seems that there must have been a misunderstanding. Charley is SM free but certainly not CM free.'

Of course I am a little disappointed but fine that Charley still is SM free.

Thank you for explaining about the misunderstanding. You are right, a five year old with no SM is still a cause for rejoicing.

Back