Hi everyone sorry it's taken me so long to get back, I've got such a lot on at the moment with my son waiting for surgery to remove a thyroid tumour, I don't know if I am coming or going. The neurologist at chestergates has booked Rossi in on Thursday for a mini MRI this time to check on the development of the syrinx. If it has got a lot bigger since April he wants to discuss surgery [ putting in a shunt] If it hasn't he wants to discuss different medications. When I mentioned CSF inhibitors and that I had been on this forum he gave me a look of disapproval and said that I was getting lots of people's '' opinions''. I told him that I valued your opinions as you have experienced syringomyelia and were seeing the effect of certain medications on your own dogs. He said that omeprozole can cause stomach tumours and didn't like to use it for more than 6 weeks, but was willing to give it ago if Rossi's syrinx hadn't got much bigger. He also said that he didn't think Rossi's limping was nuerological and he asked Francois who deals with orthopedics to examine him and he now wants Rossi to have a CT scan on Thursday too. So we could be dealing with two conditions now, rather than one. So now we just have to wait and see what's happens on Thursday. There seems to be nothing but worry at the moment, it's exhausting, as long as my son and my dog are okay that's all that matters. Thanks again and I'll let you know how we get on on Thursday