Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gabapentin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rossi seems a little better today

Thanks everyone again for your great advice. I felt so desperate yesterday and was so glad to be able to talk to you all. Rossi is still limping badly but has eaten this morning. I have given him gabapentin and metacam today but will try the tramadol again when I am sure his stomach has settled. I have decided that, when we see the neurologist again in three weeks I am going armed with a list to discuss and if he seems reluctant I have decided that I will try to see someone else. (thanks for all your suggestions on that too) I just want to feel comfortable enough to be able to discuss what is best for Rossi. I am going to visit my son now who STILL hasn't got a date for the removal of his tumour. Life just has got to get better eh? Thank God I have you to turn to.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going there tomorrow, i'll let you know how we get on.....we can compare notes
    I'm glad Rossi feels up to eating xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavluvver View Post
    Thanks everyone again for your great advice. I felt so desperate yesterday and was so glad to be able to talk to you all. Rossi is still limping badly but has eaten this morning. I have given him gabapentin and metacam today but will try the tramadol again when I am sure his stomach has settled. I have decided that, when we see the neurologist again in three weeks I am going armed with a list to discuss and if he seems reluctant I have decided that I will try to see someone else. (thanks for all your suggestions on that too) I just want to feel comfortable enough to be able to discuss what is best for Rossi. I am going to visit my son now who STILL hasn't got a date for the removal of his tumour. Life just has got to get better eh? Thank God I have you to turn to.
    How heavy is rossi? 100 mgs of gabapentin is not that much.. Raising to 150 may help if 100 is nor doing it. Even though your neuro wrote it off... Thats my opinion from my own experience with my dog,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom of Blondie aka The Monster, my furry daughter and loyal friend!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Rossi is very large for his breed, he is 14kg and there is no fat on him.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chestergates

Thanks Sarahsum I look forward to hearing how you went on and who you saw to see what response you get from them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kate H View Post
    Jackie wrote: I am really going to push to try a CSF inhibitor.

Perhaps you would be able to see Geoff himself, or could be tactfully moved to another neurologist - I saw Ulrika Michal and she was very nice and helpful.

Kate, Oliver and Aled
    A friend of mine sees Ulrika Mchal too and she is very happy with her- she has an extremely poorly Cavalier who has painful CM and disk disease and has been through two cruciate surgeries this year!
    I think when you are dealing with multiple problems it can be even harder to get the right person to help!

Karen

Ruby - my stunning soul mate who defies the odds every day
    Charlie- my angel at heart and devil at play

Post Thanks / Like

Rossi is very large for his breed, he is 14kg and there is no fat on him.
    My cavalier is 12 kg and is on 150 3 times a day. Lower than that didnt help but 150 does the trick ! My neuro says we could go up to 175 even. Lynn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom of Blondie aka The Monster, my furry daughter and loyal friend!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default how do you split gabapentin?

Just wondering how you give your dog 150mg of gabapentin? I only have 100mg capsules.

Post Thanks / Like

We have been to Chester Gates and saw Mr Skerritt, it was a good visit and we had a great discussion. He had no problem with us continuing on our course of treatment of omeprazole etc. I'll post more details on my collie post later. He was a very pleasant man to consult with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just wondering how you give your dog 150mg of gabapentin? I only have 100mg capsules.
    It's not difficult, you can get 600mg tablets and use a pill cutter to split in 4 or split a 100mg capsule in half.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com