Thanks everyone again for your great advice. I felt so desperate yesterday and was so glad to be able to talk to you all. Rossi is still limping badly but has eaten this morning. I have given him gabapentin and metacam today but will try the tramadol again when I am sure his stomach has settled. I have decided that, when we see the neurologist again in three weeks I am going armed with a list to discuss and if he seems reluctant I have decided that I will try to see someone else. (thanks for all your suggestions on that too) I just want to feel comfortable enough to be able to discuss what is best for Rossi. I am going to visit my son now who STILL hasn't got a date for the removal of his tumour. Life just has got to get better eh? Thank God I have you to turn to.