Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does your Cavalier sign [sp. should be SIGH!] a lot?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cavalier behaviour works in mysterious ways My Molly sighs, too! She can do something with her eyebrows that makes he look extremely bored/worried/wondering, and then she heaves a deep sigh Éowyn doesn't sigh very much, but again, she's not so bright
    Charlotte & Christian
    Molly & Eowyn

Post Thanks / Like

Do Cavaliers Sigh? There is so much huffing and puffing I am suprised our house hasn't fallen down
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynMom View Post
    I sign with Brooklyn a lot, and she will always respond to a sign if she is having a moment where she isn't listening to my words.
    Sophe, being the hard-headed diva-dog-princess that she is, is very attuned to signs from me. When we play, I talk minimally to her because dogs don't talk, but I often use body language and hand signals. When I give her an obedience type command (come, sit, etc.) half the time she does nothing (the hussy!), until I give her "the look." You all know that look, the one that says 'I mean it!', like the one we'd give our siblings when we were children. I think our dog trainer will laugh himself to death when I bring "the look" up as our next challenge to overcome. After all, she should obey the word command, and not the additional "look", right? LOL

I can't remember Sophie sighing very often. Sometimes we get more of a "harumph!" from her.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh, yes! We love it when she sighs, it's so funny! She usually does it when she's tired and she wants some of our dinner and she's sick of waiting for a bit.

She also groans when she's trying to sleep and she's uncomfortable or everyone is being to loud (us humans are just so inconsiderate sometimes!).

Sometimes she does it during our conversations and we'll be like, "Well, Lady seems to disagree." Or she'll do it after a particularly bad So You Think You Can Dance audition and we'll say, "Yes, you're right, Lady - that was terrible."
    Matilda
    Mummy to Lady (Blenheim Cavalier) and Lola (Silver Tabby British Shorthair)

Post Thanks / Like

oh yes indeed! our dogs make all sorts of snorts, grunts, groans and sighs- they are a regular little sound effect factory. Both of them usually sigh while sleeping, but our Bobby sighs when he is not getting attention or is bored. The poor babies.
    Desrae, guardian of two tri-coloured cavaliers, Belle 3 years old and Bobby 1 year/8 months.