Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Back from Stone Lion....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Got the report at last

Hi all,

Got our report from Clare today,

After she has time to look at his images more closely,

shows that the degree of Ventriculomegaly (dialated ventricles) is still the same, the picture still looks like a carved out halloween pumpkin.

The only progression is a small central canal dialation with associated spinal chord oedema at the level of C2/C3.

She goes on to say it is small and will likely only develop in to a small syrinx of up to 4mm and that we have concluded the majority of Charlie's clinical signs are associated with the Chiari.

He has been on Metacam now since Friday and already seeing a small improvement- he had a day or so of loose stools and since Monday has been back to normal and he scratches far less when Excited.
    He would sit and scratch for up to a minute or two as soon as I got the leads out for a walk and at any time, excitement would cause massive amounts of scratching.
    So, so far so good and his eyes are also weeping far less!!

So i'm pleased with his progress and fingers crossed he is alot more comfortable right now than he was this time last week!

Karen

Ruby - my stunning soul mate who defies the odds every day
    Charlie- my angel at heart and devil at play

Post Thanks / Like

You must be quite relieved. Hugs to Charlies and Ruby
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like

Glad things went fairly well.I actually met you at Stone lion. my dog Daffy was in also for a scan. You met my other dog Paris, the black and tan who hasnt got sm. Daffy's report was good,after a long story. his syrinx has almost collapsed in the words of Clare .He scratches still but its because his dorsal horn has been damaged.We hope in time the scratching will reduce, but for now he is feeling a lot better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daffymum View Post
    Glad things went fairly well.I actually met you at Stone lion. my dog Daffy was in also for a scan. You met my other dog Paris, the black and tan who hasnt got sm. Daffy's report was good,after a long story. his syrinx has almost collapsed in the words of Clare .He scratches still but its because his dorsal horn has been damaged.We hope in time the scratching will reduce, but for now he is feeling a lot better.
    Oh hi yes, Paris is a very hansome, all be it noisy boy

I'm glad you had good news!

Karen

Ruby - my stunning soul mate who defies the odds every day
    Charlie- my angel at heart and devil at play

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daffymum View Post
    That is wonderful news. I am so pleased for you.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi