Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best. Chew. Ever.

Post Thanks / Like

On a little different note, my son-in-law deer hunts and bagged two yesterday. He said his outdoor dog (a lab mix, I believe) loves the deer shins. He brought 4 or 5 over and I put them in the freezer. It's just the leg of the deer, appearing to be from about the knee on down, including the hide and hooves. There's no doubt in my mind that Bentley would go crazy over these and he could only have them outside in his pen, which is quite large, almost as big a many city lawns.
    Any thoughts on this? It sounds similar to the antler treat. By the way, my son-in-law said there's very little flesh involved.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think most dogs do really good with raw bones (and deer shins would just be raw bones, right?).

I'd feed raw marrow bones to my dogs more often, except for the mess. I do have a city lawn that is probably the size of Bentley's pen, so on rare occassions when I feed them I set up an ex-pen lined with newspapers.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

wow. i've never even hear of these. going to give it a try, as i have a very agressive chewer on my hands! thanks for the posting!

Post Thanks / Like

oOOo I'm going to try this and see how she likes it! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey CharliesMum - I tried this and BB loved it but if you have a young puppy be careful with this one since it is a little hard on puppy teeth. I gave this to BB after her puppy teeth were out.
    Noelle, B.B., & Tucker

Post Thanks / Like

Emma loves antler chews. They come in deer and elk. The elk ones seem to be much more popular with my dogs. They like the deer, but go nuts for the elk. Doesn't smell like anything or make a mess. And i agree, the ones that are cut lengthwise are definitely most popular so that they can get at the center of the antler. Love these!