• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Prescription Info Please

Brian M

Hi

Just a bit of guidance pls as I am new to this side .Daisy is on Zitac x 50 mg daily when I asked my Vets for my
first lot they gave me Cimetidine 200 mg tablets ,I know cimetidine and Zitac are the same but that its the Zitac
that is animal approved but I wish to buy some over the internet as I find it is difficult to cut ,even with a pill
cutter, a 200 mg into four .So pls what are the benefits of buying over the internet ,price even though one can
claim back the cost and what is rhe normal for a prescription can I ask for say 50 tablets on one or do they give
you a type of repeat of a set number of times .

Hyperdrug, where I get Oliver's gabapentin, also does Zitac in 100mg tablets (a bit easier to cut!) costing £8.22 for 30 tablets (ie about 2 months' supply). You have to phone them, order what you want, I also pay for it at the same time, and they give you an order number. You then write this on your prescription, post it off to them and they send the tablets straight away. Your vet will probably give you a prescription (and charge you for it, of course) for 2 months at a time if you say that 30 x 100mg tablets is the minimum you can order. My vet likes me to get a prescription every month (OK, it makes money for them - £7.50 - but that keeps down the cost of the medicines they dispense themselves such as our frusemide), so that they can monitor Oliver's intake and discuss any changes, but yours might be willing to give you a larger prescription.

You can, of course, look at a lot of different websites and see the best price; I've just found Hyperdrug reliable, so stay with them.

Hope that helps,

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Hyperdrug, where I get Oliver's gabapentin, also does Zitac in 100mg tablets (a bit easier to cut!) costing £8.22 for 30 tablets (ie about 2 months' supply). You have to phone them, order what you want, I also pay for it at the same time, and they give you an order number. You then write this on your prescription, post it off to them and they send the tablets straight away. Your vet will probably give you a prescription (and charge you for it, of course) for 2 months at a time if you say that 30 x 100mg tablets is the minimum you can order. My vet likes me to get a prescription every month (OK, it makes money for them - £7.50 - but that keeps down the cost of the medicines they dispense themselves such as our frusemide), so that they can monitor Oliver's intake and discuss any changes, but yours might be willing to give you a larger prescription.

You can, of course, look at a lot of different websites and see the best price; I've just found Hyperdrug reliable, so stay with them.

Hope that helps,

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Oh my God that is cheap. I just paid double for Zitac. It costs me £60 a month for both dogs taken 2 x 100mg a day.

I get Minnies Zitac from - www.viovet.co.uk its really easy to use and just have to upload the prescription to them, they then keep it on the system and its easy to see what you have used and what is left. The service is excellent and I pay £7.60 for 30 tablets x 100mgs.

Back