Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's the day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Today's the day

We have Misty's appointment in Glasgow, for her consultation today, and possibly her MRI, as long as there are no emergencies. We've fed Murphy as normal, so we're getting the bashed puppy look from Misty, the girl does love her food, and can't understand why we're not giving her any.

We've to be there for 11:30, so that's four hours away, but we'll be leaving in about an hour and a half to travel up. I've written all her symptoms down, got her claims form and insurance, and packed her fuzzy throw to bring her home with. I feel exhausted already, needless to say I never slept much last night, and I'm a little uptight, but once we've set off I think I'll feel better.

Murphys staying with his 'Nana' while were away today, so I know he'll be in good hands, so at least there's one thing less to worry about. My MIL has just retired so her parting words on Saturday were, "if the curtains are closed just send him upstairs"

Thank you all for your continued support, and I'll check in later
    Paula - mum to Murphy(6) & Misty(7), and Jerry our cat.

Post Thanks / Like

I know how exhausting this part of the journey is...it is like running a marathon before a big race, so hard. I will be thinking of you and Misty today and sending all of my prays to you for your long journey. Hang in there and keep us updated. BIG HUGS

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck little Misty, hope you get good news xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I know you will have left for the drive to Glasgow by now, but I just want you to know that I will be thinking of you and Misty and hoping to hear some good news. If not - there are many different treatments available, which can make a vast difference.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Cavaliers
    Rebel, Winston Alexander,Little Joe & Holly Poppet
    Birmingham, UK

Post Thanks / Like

I am thinking of you today. Only to many of us know what you are feeling right now. Hope that the outcome is a good one.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

Good luck Misty.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Very best of luck today.I know you'll be very glad to get this part over and done with.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thinking of you & Misty today.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

Well that's the OH and I home, but we had to leave Misty overnight. They were just too busy with emergencies to do everything today.

We saw Allison Haley, a very nice American lady. She said Misty doesn't seem to be fully aware of her hindlegs, and shows less strength in her front right leg than normal too. She showed no sign of pain during the neck/head exam, but due to the symptoms I had listed, she was concerned. She said there are three possible causes, the first being SM/CM, the second, a problem with her discs, and thirdly, an inflammatory condition. There is also a small chance it could be cancer, but she said that was well down her list, which I am grateful to hear.

So we left Misty in the hands of three nice students, who were going to take her away and give her a snack, which will earn them Misty's ever lasting love I'm sure. She will get full blood work taken tomorrow, an MRI and then a spinal tap whilst still under GA. We've just to wait on a phone call to go back up and get her.
    Paula - mum to Murphy(6) & Misty(7), and Jerry our cat.

Post Thanks / Like

That's good..I'm sure you'll miss her dreadfully overnight,but they seem to be very thorough and determined to identify the root cause of her problems.
    I bet they just love her and no doubt will take great care of her.
    Sins