Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Today's the day

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing the images.I know it can't be easy for you at the moment.
    When you feel up to it,perhaps send a copy of those to your original vet...
    You've been through some hard battles on Misty's behalf.
    Well done for being so determined to get her correctly diagnosed.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear that you have joined the ever growing club! However, we are all here to support and help each other and I for one have found it invaluable. Like you without reading everyone's story I would have continued putting Minnie's "funny" behaviours down to her just being Minnie. Once Misty is settled on her medication you should find an immense difference in her.

As to getting the Gabapentin - I found Tesco's was the best with a prescription from my vet.
    Sandra
    Minnie-May (6yrs) & Rosie the Rescue (approx 6 yrs)
    My Darling Cinders and Lady Jane waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrac View Post
    So sorry to hear that you have joined the ever growing club! However, we are all here to support and help each other and I for one have found it invaluable. Like you without reading everyone's story I would have continued putting Minnie's "funny" behaviours down to her just being Minnie. Once Misty is settled on her medication you should find an immense difference in her.

As to getting the Gabapentin - I found Tesco's was the best with a prescription from my vet.
    Well said Sandra. I think Rebel was photophobic for several months before I realised his SM had become symptomatic. It because he could hardly walk more than a step or two and started howling with pain that I realised what was going on and rushed him to see the vet. Frusemide has stopped all that and he looks years younger without the pained expression on his face.

I'm surprised that you can get Gabapentin on veterinary presctiption from Tesco's pharmacy. One day when I was shopping and in a hurry I asked for some Lacrilube from my local TP. The assistant asked if I had used it before. Not knowing any better I told her it was for my dog's dry eye. She was very nice, but told me she shouldn't have sold it to me for an animal, as they aren't a licensed veterinary pharmacy!

I had a much worse incident when I went into a large Boots branch for the same stuff. It turned out that the pharmacist lives across the road from me. She asked if it was for 'that deformed dog of yours' (Holly P). When I said it was she asked me to leave. She's a horrible woman anyway, who nobody likes, but I learned my lesson and now pretend the ointment is for my own personal use.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Cavaliers
    Rebel, Winston Alexander,Little Joe & Holly Poppet
    Birmingham, UK