Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben was attacked yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Ben feels better soon! Hugs from us.

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear about Ben. A neighbour's beautiful Labrador was attacked by some kind of terrier off the lead this week, the owner has a bitten thigh and the poor lab is in animal hospital with a chunk out of it's side. So irresponsible having these kind of dogs off the lead and uncontrolled. My tiny puppy Bobby would not have stood a chance. Hope Ben gets well soon x

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that. Poor, poor Ben. I send you all my best thoughts and wishes
    Charlotte & Christian
    Molly & Éowyn & Khaleesi

Post Thanks / Like

Terrible thing to happen...poor Ben and poor you, you must have got such a fright!
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

How terrible for that to have happened. Hope he feels better soon
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no. I hope Ben is now feeling better.

It's terrible to hear of these attacks, people can be so lax at controlling their animals while they are running free
    Paula - mum to Murphy(6) & Misty(7), and Jerry our cat.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi James, so sorry to hear about Ben. Grrrrrrrr some dog breeds must be on leash at all times! Hence the proposal by one of the local MPs here (or was it by SPCA, I can't be sure now) that owner of particular breeds need to be "licensed", much more than what we currently pay for normal dog license to Councils. That way they understand the reasons why, and some of the money could go to insurance, 3rd party if you like. I agree with Brian, give it a good kick in the butt! You take care Ben, and get well soon.
    --
    Chloe, everybody's pal in Albany, Auckland.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chloeinalbany View Post
    Hi James, so sorry to hear about Ben. Grrrrrrrr some dog breeds must be on leash at all times! Hence the proposal by one of the local MPs here (or was it by SPCA, I can't be sure now) that owner of particular breeds need to be "licensed", much more than what we currently pay for normal dog license to Councils. That way they understand the reasons why, and some of the money could go to insurance, 3rd party if you like. I agree with Brian, give it a good kick in the butt! You take care Ben, and get well soon.
    --
    Chloe, everybody's pal in Albany, Auckland.
    I will not advocate that some breeds should singled out. All pets should be leashed or otherwise restrained (in carriers, etc). I have known many vicious chihuahuas and dachshunds, and some very sweet German shepherds and other so-called aggressive breeds. All owners are responsible for keeping their pet(s) under control.

I'm very sorry about Ben. He didn't deserve to that. I hope he (and you) has a speedy recovery, physically and emotionally.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness! Poor dear Ben, and poor you having to go through this! I swear, some dog owners just don't take responsibility, I don't know if their dog had no history of this or what, but maybe should have been on a lead.

This happened to our Bobby last year, a neighbour's dog, an Old English sheepdog, who is locked in the back all the time, charged out of the house and attacked Bobby with no warning, I held tight to the lead and pushed away the dog whilst the owners just stood and watched. Very scary, and Bobby had no injuries, but was very afraid of going out the door for a few days thereafter.

A friend's dog, a little JRT, was killed in his own garden just a few days ago, some people (a certain type of people) were out walking with their greyhounds and they came into the property and grabbed the little fella and killed him. So sad.

Do let us know what happens with the Weimariner. It's such a shame how these things happen. I've been tempted myself to walk with a stick, just in case...
    Desrae, guardian of two tri-coloured cavaliers, Belle 3 years old and Bobby 1 year/8 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, that is the thing...it can happen with any dog at any time. That is what must have been so scary for you...you cannot tell from a distance what a dog might be like, I for one (based on my experience with them) would not have been nervous about a weimaraner off the bat at all! And on the flip side, one of Brooky's playmates is a pitt bull (now that sounds scary, to be honest, that is a breed I have been lead to be a bit frightened of), but this dog is docile and perfectly trained and so gentle. And a tinier than Brooky duchess hound tried to attack her last week. Geez, you just can never predict can you?! It is a sham because it is really the responsibility of the owners, full stop. Ben should have never gone through this if that dog's owners had just been responsible and had that dog on a leash.

I know when Brooklyn got nipped by the duchess hound, both dogs were leashed and it was clear from far away that we were heading towards each other and Brooklyn was pulling that way to say hi as she does to most dogs in the neighbourhood. But instead of telling us his dogs were aggressive, or crossing the street, or moving the dogs to his other side, the owner let it all play out til the snarled and attacked! I screamed so loud (because I am a bit scared of dogs anyway to be honest, as funny as that is) and the owner just looked at me and goes "they are aggressive, so" I was like "yeah, no s*&t!". I yelled at him that is was his responsibility to not lead his dogs to other dogs to 'see what happens' he needs to be responsible...but he just looked at me and walked away. It amazes me some people...

How is Ben going today?