• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Health Seminar in Denmark.

Margaret C

For our Danish members & visitors

This is from Clare Rusbridge's website.

What impresses me is that testing for DryEye/CurlyCoat and EFS will be mandatory in Denmark from 2012.

Cavalier Club of Denmark
Health Seminar held at the hotel "Park Inn Radisson Copenhagen Airport"Engvej 171, 2300 Copenhagen S, which lies very close to Kastrup Airport (CPH) in the metropolitan area.

Saturday 29th October 2011 pm. 9:00 to 18:00

Invitation to an exciting and educational Health Seminar open to all interested members of the Cavalier Club, veterarians, veterinary students and members of other speciality Clubs
Programme:
  • Dr Clare Rusbridge (in English) - Latest knowledge and research in Syringomyelia
  • Professor Lisbeth Højer Olsenwill – Endocardiose 10 years Studies– what are the results?
  • Veterinarian Helle Friis Proschowsky from the Danish Kennel Club - two new diseases that now tested for in Denmark: Curly Coat Syndrome / Dry Eye (CCS) and Episodic Falling Syndrome (EFS) now with testing mandatory from 2012

... What impresses me is that testing for DryEye/CurlyCoat and EFS will be mandatory in Denmark from 2012. ...

I don't know what currently is mandatory for cavaliers in Denmark right now, but I would rather they make the SM and MVD breeding protocols mandatory rather than these DNA tests for curly coat and EFS.

I don't know what currently is mandatory for cavaliers in Denmark right now, but I would rather they make the SM and MVD breeding protocols mandatory rather than these DNA tests for curly coat and EFS.

Yes, good point Rod. They are the most serious inherited conditions

I was impressed however that they acted so quickly, as those are really new tests.

They are aware of it. Right now they are looking for Danish dogs that show signs of MVD or SM. The Danish www.cavalierklubben.dk is very restrictive concerning breeding and disease. However, the focus has mostly been on heart issues, as that has been the worst problem here.

Back