Thread: Hurricane Bailey!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hurricane Bailey!

I've noticed that Bailey has these bursts of energy that my husband has taken to calling "hurricane." It's the funniest thing. We will be playing normally and all of a sudden Bailey will drop his toy and start sprinting around the room -- sometimes running around the coffee table or just running back and forth. He will effortlessly jump over an outstretched leg or toy that's on the floor, and his ears stream behind him. It will only last for two or three minutes and is an immediate indication that he will have to be taken out as soon as it is over. I'm thinking I may have a little agility fan on my hands once he's old enough for it. Do any of your cavs do anything like this?

Post Thanks / Like

Yup! Brooky does this, we call it "the crazies"
    She doesn't do it as much anymore, but when she was a puppy (3-6 month) she would always do it...not matter how much exercise she got! I think it's just to burn off energy built up. It makes me laugh too...sometimes I get involved and pop out from around corners, let her chase me and visa versa it's too funny.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to have a Hurricane Holly,but she's two now and has been downgraded to a tropical storm.
    I just love them at that age,fearless,funloving and all the thrill of adventure.
    Bailey sounds amazing.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's very common behaviour and a lot of older dogs also do it, generally early in the morning or around sunset (the times when dogs are naturally most 'wired'). Kittens do this too! Most tend to grow out of it. People also call them 'the zoomies'.

but she's two now and has been downgraded to a tropical storm.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Karlin View Post
    It's very common behaviour and a lot of older dogs also do it, generally early in the morning or around sunset (the times when dogs are naturally most 'wired'). Kittens do this too! Most tend to grow out of it. People also call them 'the zoomies'.

My two used to do it a lot, but are now very 'adult-like' in their demeanor, but usually at sunset, such as after dinner, they get crazy and zip around the kitchen, I open the back door, and they fly out and back in, out, in and have a huge after dinner fight, then have a long evening snooze. It makes me laugh every time.
    Desrae, guardian of two tri-coloured cavaliers, Belle 3 years old and Bobby 1 year/8 months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Portia View Post
    I've noticed that Bailey has these bursts of energy that my husband has taken to calling "hurricane." It's the funniest thing. We will be playing normally and all of a sudden Bailey will drop his toy and start sprinting around the room -- sometimes running around the coffee table or just running back and forth. He will effortlessly jump over an outstretched leg or toy that's on the floor, and his ears stream behind him. It will only last for two or three minutes and is an immediate indication that he will have to be taken out as soon as it is over. I'm thinking I may have a little agility fan on my hands once he's old enough for it. Do any of your cavs do anything like this?
    We call it "the zooms". When Ollie gets the zooms he will run across the family room from one side to the other, banking off walls and dog beds again and again until he collapses. He is always barking and sometimes carrying a stuffed animal while doing it.
    ~Denise and Clancy, Dillon (gone to The Bridge), and baby Oliver

Post Thanks / Like

I nicknamed Sonny, " Taz" because of his little bursts of energy. He is like a little Tasmanian Devil that just whizzes around and around the room. Funny little puppies!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Alfie used to do this about twice a day when a very young puppy, but now it is limited to about once a day or after a bath !!!

It is called frenetic random activity period or FRAP ...... google it

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, that's my crazy Bobby, he goes wild a few times a day!

Post Thanks / Like

Murphy gets the "zoomies" and then he sets Misty off, they end up running into each other
    Paula - mum to Murphy(6) & Misty(7), and Jerry our cat.