• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hurricane Bailey!

Portia

I've noticed that Bailey has these bursts of energy that my husband has taken to calling "hurricane." It's the funniest thing. We will be playing normally and all of a sudden Bailey will drop his toy and start sprinting around the room -- sometimes running around the coffee table or just running back and forth. He will effortlessly jump over an outstretched leg or toy that's on the floor, and his ears stream behind him. It will only last for two or three minutes and is an immediate indication that he will have to be taken out as soon as it is over. I'm thinking I may have a little agility fan on my hands once he's old enough for it. Do any of your cavs do anything like this?

Yup! Brooky does this, we call it "the crazies" ;)
She doesn't do it as much anymore, but when she was a puppy (3-6 month) she would always do it...not matter how much exercise she got! I think it's just to burn off energy built up. It makes me laugh too...sometimes I get involved and pop out from around corners, let her chase me and visa versa :) it's too funny.

I used to have a Hurricane Holly,but she's two now and has been downgraded to a tropical storm.
I just love them at that age,fearless,funloving and all the thrill of adventure.
Bailey sounds amazing.
Sins

It's very common behaviour and a lot of older dogs also do it, generally early in the morning or around sunset (the times when dogs are naturally most 'wired'). Kittens do this too! Most tend to grow out of it. People also call them 'the zoomies'. :D

but she's two now and has been downgraded to a tropical storm.

:rotfl:

It's very common behaviour and a lot of older dogs also do it, generally early in the morning or around sunset (the times when dogs are naturally most 'wired'). Kittens do this too! Most tend to grow out of it. People also call them 'the zoomies'. :D

:rotfl:

My two used to do it a lot, but are now very 'adult-like' in their demeanor, but usually at sunset, such as after dinner, they get crazy and zip around the kitchen, I open the back door, and they fly out and back in, out, in and have a huge after dinner fight, then have a long evening snooze. It makes me laugh every time.

I've noticed that Bailey has these bursts of energy that my husband has taken to calling "hurricane." It's the funniest thing. We will be playing normally and all of a sudden Bailey will drop his toy and start sprinting around the room -- sometimes running around the coffee table or just running back and forth. He will effortlessly jump over an outstretched leg or toy that's on the floor, and his ears stream behind him. It will only last for two or three minutes and is an immediate indication that he will have to be taken out as soon as it is over. I'm thinking I may have a little agility fan on my hands once he's old enough for it. Do any of your cavs do anything like this?
We call it "the zooms". When Ollie gets the zooms he will run across the family room from one side to the other, banking off walls and dog beds again and again until he collapses. He is always barking and sometimes carrying a stuffed animal while doing it. :lol:

I nicknamed Sonny, " Taz" because of his little bursts of energy. He is like a little Tasmanian Devil that just whizzes around and around the room. Funny little puppies!!!!

Alfie used to do this about twice a day when a very young puppy, but now it is limited to about once a day or after a bath !!!

It is called frenetic random activity period or FRAP ...... google it

Back