• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Harleys first Rally O Competitions

Sabby

Harleys first Rally Obedience competition since his SM diagnosis and first ever Agility Obedience competition. In Agility Obedience he got 115 points out of 130. In Rally Obedience he got 204 points out of 210 in the bronze. In the silver he decided to break his sits on recall and got 176 points. Rosie is definitely getting better she achieved 198 & 183 points out of 210. Proud of them all.

I am so glad they have created Agility Obedience as it means Harley still can have some fun with Agility despite his SM. It is slow & controlled, definitely no running and no big equipment, just tunnels, weaves small jumps and a small dog walk that is 10 inch of the floor.

002-1.jpg

Hi Sabby

What a talented bunch of superstars ,so happy that you can all still do what you
get immense pride and fun out off .Well done to you all .:)

Ps I spoke to AXA re claiming medication and as all mine are now on new policies ,ie
my renewal started on 2 nd Oct we have a new fund of £7000.00 but we start
again as a new claim with an excess of £75 .So collect all your receipts then
fill in a new claim form and send it off with your receipts ,but keep copies ,and
for me I have to pay the excess again .

Sabby - well done. They all look very proud of their achievements. I only wish there were some Rally O's our way as we went to a couple of workshops and Minnie did really well.

Wow, look all of those rosettes! Well done, you must have felt so happy to be back out there doing the agility. Long may it last!

Sabby - well done. They all look very proud of their achievements. I only wish there were some Rally O's our way as we went to a couple of workshops and Minnie did really well.

Hi Sandra

Most of the Rally Obedience is in Essex or Ipswich and 2 in Norfolk now. Up here we got Peterborough and one in Northamptonshire and UK Rally is in Lemington Spa at the KC Building. That’s why when where I used to train stopped doing Rally we started our own club. We started in July and got 10 regular members now and it’s growing slowly. When we done the demo at Olympia a lot of people ask us where there is a club they can train at. I think if more people would know about it rally would grow quickly. So no doubt when the KC take it over it will become widely known but I got no doubt that the rules are going to become more stricter so it won’t be for Pet Dog owners anymore, and that’s what it is suppose to be. To give normal Dog Owners to do something fun after Puppy Class without the strictness of proper obedience. The Obedience World put their nose up at Rally, but who cares we just want to have fun while we work with our dogs and not to have to own a Collie.
Rant over.

Congratulations! But I was puzzled that you said about the KC: the rules are going to become more stricter so it won’t be for Pet Dog owners anymore. Why should they - after all, the KC invented the Good Citizen scheme, which is very much aimed at pet owners? And if people want to do strict obedience, there is already a well-organised scheme in existence, with a lot of shows. I don't think the KC will be so daft as to kill off Rally when it's obviously such a growing sport and people enjoy it so much. There's a difference between stricter rules and becoming better organised (like training for trainers for groups that want to be KC registered, for example). Getting the KC involved doesn't seem to have hurt Agility or Flyball. And in fact most of the dogs involved in all these sports are simply pets whose owners choose to do them - not many professionals like Mary Ray around, even if some people take it MUCH too seriously! So I hope Rally continues to grow, and you continue to enjoy it!

Kate, Oliver and Aled (pet dogs and owner who happen to do obedience - sort of!)

This pic is wonderful. A true picture that SM is not the end of things...but sometimes the beginning. You must be so proud of Harley, and all of them!

Back