• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Meet Forrest - New Puppy Picture Overload

apwerner

Forrest has been home 1 week today, and I've taken more photos of him than I've probably taken in the past year of my family. Forrest turns 9 weeks old this Saturday. We got him right at 8 weeks. He was just a total cuddle bug the first few days home. I'm not sure what happened to that puppy, because now we have quite the daredevil little wild guy who loves to bite...a lot! He makes up for his orneriness by being so cute and he still likes to cuddle occasionally, but not like he did the first few days home.

He's totally got me figured out and when alone acts totally different around Tony than he does with me. It's kind of funny to compare notes on his behavior differences. He is already sitting on command so well. He's a great little boy.

Here are some pictures of Forrest from his first week home.

63a93edc-41e8-b8fe.jpg

On the ride home from the breeder.

63a93edc-4218-5397.jpg

I loooove playing with boots so much that I sometimes forget that I'm outside to potty.

63a93edc-428c-7d51.jpg

63a93edc-42bc-5fbf.jpg

63a93edc-42cc-8dc1.jpg

63a93edc-42db-d12d.jpg

63a93edc-42ec-7ff7.jpg

63a93edc-430d-55bf.jpg

63a93edc-4351-d6c3.jpg

63a93edc-435c-6d8f.jpg

63a93edc-4377-d54c.jpg

63a93edc-43e2-ff91.jpg

Cuddling with his favorite dinosaur toy.

How Adorable

IM sooooo jealous!!!! we are hoping to get a blenheim boy after xmas some time and i cant wait,ive started a puppy box already with blankets toys and other puppy related items its like nesting for a baby and ive three of those to all girls and under 5,keep the pics coming i know ill be exactly the same.

I can't see any photos, they wont load for me.
Going by your little avatar photo, he's adorable! Don't you just love those big brown eyes and little black nose :l*v:

love

I love your photos!! i was just looking through puppy pics of my cavavie rotolo, who is now 1 1/2 , and i have several of the same pics of ro that you have of your puppy! you think your taking a lot of photos now wait until he goes to the dog park for the first time or creates a huge mess... not that its funny in the moment but when a lil pup distrosse a whole roll of toilet paper and pulls all of the trash out of the bathroom trashcan in a 2hours... after the shock and tears, you can't help but take a thousand pictures lol. i will say this ... there are more photo's on my camera/ phone of rotolo then anyone else, i use to think it was sad but I'm sure you will soon understand. congrats on your new puppy!!

Wow. He looks so young. Cavaliers mature a lot slower than some dogs. It is better to wait until they are 12 weeks old to take them home. But he sure is a cutie and good luck with him.

Love the photos!!! He is SUCH a cutie but WOW he is tiny! I'm surprised the breeder let him go so tiny & young. Most breeders prefer to hold on to them until 10-12 weeks. Gives them lots of socialization with there litter mates to learn basic dog skills that they need. It can also help reduced the risk of certain health issues.

Enjoy his puppy years because they grow so fast!

Hmm...not sure about us getting him at 9 weeks. She kept us updated every week on how he was doing, and told us no earlier than 8 weeks, but chose to wait 1 more. There were 6 in his litter. He was the second smallest, but the littlest boy was soooo much smaller than him. Tiny guy :) The biggest was a female and she was so much bigger and stronger than the rest & always just wanted to beat up on the little ones. She is gorgeous though. Very pretty girl. We got him from a well known and respected AKC judge. So, I'm hoping she knew what she was doing. He's doing great, eating all his food, very few accidents & can sit, stay and of course beg, doesn't cry in his kennel at night, and he's already getting bigger! Here's one from this morning. Cuddled up next to me after we had to potty at 5am :)

63a93edc-f519-1886.jpg

Last edited:
It's amazing how quickly they do that :lol:
He's a very handsome young man.

We got our little guy when he was only 7 weeks and he was tiny, but he made himself right at home.
Not sure about any one else, but with my little buddy even at 3 months, he still needs cuddles before he can go back to sleep after
his potty time. Great job with the early toilet training.

He's beautiful!

Forrest is very beautiful! I see that you say that you picked him up at 9 weeks. I will be picking my little boy up when he is exactly 9 weeks because he too is very petite. The breeder gauged that my Chauncy will be about 10# full grown, is that about the same size that Forrest will be?

Chauncy-

I'm not quite sure. Vet never gave us an estimate. At his 10 week appt he was actually 9 weeks and 2 days and weighed 3 lbs 15 oz (he also had worms at this appt so it might have factored into the low weight.) At his 12 week appt he was actually 11 weeks and 4 days and was 5 lbs 6 oz! Just for reference, this is him right now at 12 weeks 1 day. How much does your puppy weigh now?

Untitled by Anne Pendleton Photography, on Flickr

So cute!

Well, I just picked up Chauncy on Friday, at his exact 9 week mark and he was 2 lbs and 6 ozs. I'll have to see what he weighs when I take him to the vet again for his 12 weeks appointment :eek:

th_100MEDIA_IMAG0046.jpg
th_IMAG0064.jpg
th_IMAG0077.jpg
th_100MEDIA_IMAG0013.jpg

I took a picture of my hand over little Chauncy's head so I can always remember that when I first brought him home, his head was smaller than my hand :eek:

Chauncy-

I'm not quite sure. Vet never gave us an estimate. At his 10 week appt he was actually 9 weeks and 2 days and weighed 3 lbs 15 oz (he also had worms at this appt so it might have factored into the low weight.) At his 12 week appt he was actually 11 weeks and 4 days and was 5 lbs 6 oz! Just for reference, this is him right now at 12 weeks 1 day. How much does your puppy weigh now?

Untitled by Anne Pendleton Photography, on Flickr

Aww he is so sweet! Too cute. It's crazy how fast they grow. We've gone on two weekend trips where he's stayed with Tony's parents since we've had him and both times we've come back and thought he looked so much older. Fun to see all the changes. Especially in how his coloring is changing! Good luck with your little guy, I'll be anxious to see more pictures!!

Too bad Forrest and Chauncy can't play together! They're both adorable and so petite. Take lots of pictures. I've forgotten so much about Nalu's first month with us. Wish I would have taken more pics.

Back