Thread: Adorable & Affordable Spaniel bowls & Raised Spaniel bowls for Cavaliers with SM

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Adorable & Affordable Spaniel bowls & Raised Spaniel bowls for Cavaliers with SM

I just found this ADORABLE Spaniel bowl on Etsy for get this ... $25!! I can't wait for it to arrive

The artist makes custom spaniel bowls for just $30. I have 2 other spaniel bowls from other artists and never found a price nearly so great, so I wanted to share with you all! This is the link to the artists shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/juliescheff...f=pr_shop_more

For today and tomorrow only, she is also selling RAISED spaniel bowls for only $25. These are custom bowls and you work with her to choose the colors and patterns. These bowls were designed especially for Cavaliers because raised bowls can be more comfortable for dogs with SM. These are normally $40 - still a good deal, but $25 is a steal.

Here's an example:

The artist will be on Etsy tomorrow from 11 am - 3 pm EDT. She's in the US (west coast). She'll be able to respond quickly to emails during this time to answer any questions you have about size, color, the process, shipping, etc.

I'm not sure if she ships to the UK, but you could ask. Shipping might be pricey though as these are heavy ceramic bowls.

Here's an example of some other bowls she has done, including another cute spaniel bowl

I just wanted to share because I know these bowls can be really pricey and hard to find at such a great price. The raised Spaniel bowls are also really unique (I've never seen them before) and a great idea for dogs with SM.
    Last edited by Lani; 29th October 2011 at 03:54 PM.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

I love these! I got Brooky's spaniel bowl on Etsy too...great site for beautiful handmade goods!! These are great, maybe she needs another one...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Great link! Thanks for sharing that -- spaniel bowls that are cavalier sized (most are too wide) make feeding so so so much easier. They say cocker sized but look cavalier sized for the ones with smaller openings.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I told her about the Rupert's fund auction. I think she is going to donate at least one raised bowl. I'll get the details and see if she wants me to post it or if she wants to join the board and post to donate or how the logistics will work.

I ordered a bowl she already has done, but a lot of the stuff she does is custom, and I understand she is great to work with. She also has been making bowls with a slanted top so it is easier for dogs with SM to get the water/food. And she'll custom design the size as well if necessary. My sister is working with her to make a little shorter bowl with violets on it for her Charlie.
    Lani

Post Thanks / Like

I like these bowls but I've heard that ceramic bowls can be bad if you are feeding raw.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eg93 View Post
    I like these bowls but I've heard that ceramic bowls can be bad if you are feeding raw.
    I have not heard that, but definitely do your own research and use what your are comfortable with. From what I know, I think Stainless Steel is always probably the best, plastic the worst but neither are as attractive to me as ceramic.
    Lani

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/s...t=raised+bowls

Have a look at this thread, I got these raised bowls four about 7.00 ish! I have posted photos so you can see ears do not get involved The inners are stainless steel so great for raw feeding. Not as pretty as the ceramic but worth considering.
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like

I will check these out. I may just go with the ceramic since I am feeding ZiwiPeak and not frozen raw lately. Anything is better than what I have been doing....which is using a pony tail holder to tie her ears up! Haha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eg93 View Post
    Anything is better than what I have been doing....which is using a pony tail holder to tie her ears up! Haha.
    If you're looking for solutions for keeping their ears clean when eating, also check out the snoods on DayDogDesigns on Etsy. These are the only snoods I use now - they are sooooo cute, fit great and there is even one snood where all the proceeds go to Lucky Star Cavalier rescue

http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade/...ery&ship_to=US
    Lani