Thread: How long did you have to wait for puppy from scanning breeder?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How long did you have to wait for puppy from scanning breeder?

I was wondering how long the average waittime would be from a breeder who scans etc.. I bet it can be several years?

lynn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom of Blondie aka The Monster, my furry daughter and loyal friend!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blondiemonster View Post
    I was wondering how long the average waittime would be from a breeder who scans etc.. I bet it can be several years?

lynn

I presume you are talking about USA breeders. It probably would be a long time because so few of your breeders are scanning.
    Even your cavalier club members still seem to be in denial about the extent and the seriousness of the health problems that threaten the future of cavaliers.

Things are slightly better here in the UK, more people are scanning and there seems to be a move to use the older grade A dogs instead of young risky champions.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret C View Post
    I presume you are talking about USA breeders. It probably would be a long time because so few of your breeders are scanning.
    Even your cavalier club members still seem to be in denial about the extent and the seriousness of the health problems that threaten the future of cavaliers.

Things are slightly better here in the UK, more people are scanning and there seems to be a move to use the older grade A dogs instead of young risky champions.
    Yes in the US. i am trying to look ahead. In the far future i want to add a pup, but I would not like it if the time comes I am ready for a pup and then have to wait 3 years..:/
    A year would be fine...
    therefore i want to plan ahead. Another option is rescue. A pup from a breeder who doesnt scan is simply not an option...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blondiemonster View Post
    Yes in the US. i am trying to look ahead. In the far future i want to add a pup, but I would not like it if the time comes I am ready for a pup and then have to wait 3 years..:/
    A year would be fine...
    therefore i want to plan ahead. Another option is rescue. A pup from a breeder who doesnt scan is simply not an option...

Lynn,

In the North I bet you will find more. I know in Canada there are several scanning breeders. I will email you some names of breeders that I know are scanning.
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anniemac View Post
    Lynn,

In the North I bet you will find more. I know in Canada there are several scanning breeders. I will email you some names of breeders that I know are scanning.
    Thanks Anne! That way i can call them and ask... Hope you and elton are great!