Originally Posted by Brian M
I do think that in many ways the show breeders and pet owners are coming together, but I would think there is still a need for a club that focuses on the interests of non-show owners.
The aims, objects, and the rules of the club will be discussed at the meeting. It will be for those interested in being members to decide exactly how it is run, although there will be a working document drawn up to aid discussion.
As we are following KC guidelines on setting up a Society, in the hopes of eventually applying for registration, there are certain things we have to include and that makes it a rather wordy document.
At the moment the draft aims and objects of the club are as follows:-
To promote the health, welfare and enjoyment of Cavalier KC Spaniels:-
- By encouraging owners and breeders to maintain high standards of welfare and act in a responsible manner towards the breeding of their Cavaliers.
- To have a voice to represent thousands of pet owners with the Kennel Club, other Cavalier Clubs and other organisations.
- To provide up to date, comprehensive web based information on breed health issues, breeding guidelines, specialists, and health screening clinics. Raise awareness of breed health issues at public events.
- To aid research into health and temperament problems, work with specialists, organise health clinics and seminars, organise tissue collection scheme.
- To fund raise for research, health screening, and tissue collection.
- To assist buyers in locating sources of healthy puppies and to campaign for the establishment of regulations requiring that puppies come from fully health tested parents.
- By offering support and advice for owners of health compromised dogs.
- By enhancing owners’ enjoyment of their Cavaliers and the quality of life of their dogs by means of social contacts and events.
- By organising such other activities that may be found to be desirable or necessary to achieve the objects of the Club (Companion Dog shows, fun days, etc.)
Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi