• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A new club for cavalier owners

Sorry to tell you Margaret that there seems to be a difference between what is in the information pack and what can be found on the website, which says:

By Rail

Royal Leamington Spa, Warwick and Warwick Parkway rail stations are situated on the main London Marylebone-Birmingham line whilst Coventry is a regular stop for the Virgin West Coast Mainline.
London Euston – Coventry services every 30 minutes weekdays
London Marylebone – Warwick Parkway services every 30 minutes
Birmingham – Coventry Frequent services from Birmingham New Street, Birmingham International and Coventry
From these mainline stations you will need to take a short taxi ride. Taxi ranks are based at both Warwick Parkway and Coventry stations, which are approximately 5 miles from Stoneleigh Park.
By Bus / Coach

Coventry bus station is 6 miles (10km) away from Stoneleigh Park. Warwick bus station is 9 miles (14km) from Stoneleigh Park."

However, I already had the information I wanted from Transport Direct by feeding in only the postcode of the venue. The busses only run every couple of hours and I need two of them from Coventry.

I look forward to meeting you tomorrow. Am I correct in assuming that you are using one of the committee rooms in the KC Building?

Meeting Room B of KC building. Coffee or tea will be available when you arrive.

Any news from the meeting? Sara

Hello Sara,
We have a Companion Club, a Constitution, a Committee & a Start Date.:rah:

I feel very pleased indeed at what was achieved, but I am also absolutely exhausted today trying to catch up with tasks ( and my poor dogs ) neglected, & email unanswered, while I spent days working on the draft constitution

So please all forgive me, but you will have to be patient until tomorrow, when hopefully my brain will stop feeling like mush, and I will be able to give you a coherent account of how things went and what has been decided.

It had been a problem trying to guess how many people would attend a meeting held on a weekday morning. From the emails I received I expected about 20 attendees but there was always the possibility that some people would just turn up.

Seventeen people actually attended and we had thirty confirmed apologies (There were quite a few emails where I did not get time to check with the sender whether they wanted their apologies recorded ) so we will be able to send out sixty or so applications for when the Club starts up.

The meeting was a mixture of pet owners and breed club members, there seemed to be a friendly feel in the room and I was really happy how well it went.

Sue Newnes (Penquite on this forum ) expertly chaired the meeting and she started by calling for a minutes silence for two sadly missed personalities of the Cavalier world, Bet Hargreaves and Shealagh Waters.

The constitution was a formal and rather wordy document, as it was drawn up according to KC guidelines, so it probably rather dry work for those present while we were going through the sections in the draft document.
We had some really helpful suggestions and comments from two cavalier club secretaries that were there.

There was very little disagreement about the draft constitution, only two votes were not unanimous and even then there was only one dissenting vote each time

The Constitution was approved & then the Meeting agreed, for the sake of consistency, those of the existing Working Group that wanted to stand should form the nucleus of the start-up Committee.

The meeting finished soon after 1pm, the 'simple sandwich & cakes buffet' was wonderful & anything but simple ( you should have seen the choice of cakes ) and everyone seemed to be eating and talking amicably.

We took the opportunity to have a quick Committee meeting while we were all together, co-opted two extra committee members and so we are up and running.

We are now working on the website, a Club logo, the application form and a unique membership gift and hope to launch the club in January.
We will be accepting overseas members.

This meeting was a formality that will allow us to seek KC recognition when we actually have a list of members and some money in the bank. So thank you to those that came and helped us agree a formal constutution. Your support was really appreciated.

We can now get on and start to create our new Companion Club.

That is fantastic. Very well done to all those involved.cl*pcl*pcl*pcl*pcl*p

Please please can I join? I am so looking forward to the establishment of this club.

I will keep an eye out for further details
xxx

That is fantastic. Very well done to all those involved.cl*pcl*pcl*pcl*pcl*p

Please please can I join? I am so looking forward to the establishment of this club.

I will keep an eye out for further details
xxx

We are not going to let you get away.

You are already on the list of prospective members, and you and the others that have expressed an interest on this thread will be sent an application form as soon as we have finished designing it. :)

I am hoping that we will be able to use selected photos of members' cavaliers to decorate the website, and members' stories to give interest to the different sections, so will everyone put their thinking caps on and let me know if you have something you think would be suitable ( you will have to join the club to be included on the website)

I will gradually be getting in touch with people in the hopes that they will let us use their experiences to inform other cavalier owners. Perhaps Sabby will write a little article about how she came to start in Rally Obedience and we can put it on the relevant website page with one of her lovely photos.

Cavilover could tell about why she started doing Pets as Therapy and what it involves.

MurphysMummy could perhaps do a little piece about how she came to own Murphy and the difficulties and triumphs of coping with a puppy farm cavalier.

ByFloSin can tell how she came to have her little DryEye/CurlyCoat girl and how she manages to keep her comfortable, on a page that could highlight that there is now a DNA test available so no more puppies really need to be born with this condition.

If there is anyone with a cavalier that suffers with Episodic Falling Syndrome, who would like to be a member and tell their little dog's story I would really be pleased to hear from them. My email is [email protected]

I would still love to hear from anyone who does Heelwork to Music in the UK with a cavalier.
Is Renate still around, if she became a club member perhaps we could feature one of her videos just to show what can be done?

There is so much information and expertise out there. Our club can bring it all together and make it available to all cavalier lovers

I'm sorry I could not attend the meeting, I had to attend college.
Margaret I can't wait to write a little piece about Murphy and hand out awareness and the positives of owning a rescue :)
Yay :)

I will definitely write about how we came to start Rally. Cavaliers are so talented and versatile. Also I would like to say that SM is not necessarily the end of your dog enjoying the things they love doing.

When the application forms are out I will give one to Jane Williams. Margaret & Tania, you have met her at Olympia at the London Pet Show she was with our Rally Display Team. I think she has got 5 Cavaliers from Many Tears Rescue two having SM. I have already told her about the cavalier Club and I think she would like to join.

I think Jane has already contacted me :) Another cavalier owner with so much expertise to pass on to others.

I'm really excited about what we can all achieve together.

Back