• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A new club for cavalier owners

Margaret,

I have a friend in Birmingham who organises some really good 'fun' shows. I don't think they are KC licensed, but I have competed in many of them and they are very popular and great fun. I have already offered to do some stewarding for her next year :*nana:

I wonder if some of the new club members would like to meet up at one or more of Chris' shows. I think she would be really happy to organise one for us as a fundraiser. If the demand was there I am sure she could include a special class for new club members.

I will be seeing Chris on Sunday - would you like me to have a word with her on the subject?

Last edited:
I do not post here very often but will try hard to attend the meeting. I have 2 ex puppy farm girls 2 "reject" cavs and a "reject" chin.

I compete in agility and soon to be in obedience. So would be very glad to be a help to anyone interested in these activities.

I am also A pets as therapy visitor and assessor so again would be happy to help anyone interested.

Perhaps a working section of the club could be an idea? I think many cavalier owners will agree that yes they are super little lap dogs but also a whole lot more than that!

Thanks

Julie

Hi Julie

I bet you have four beautiful Cavaliers and two adorable Chins .I often think about agility or similar and know Sabby and
Karen compete in it but then I think are my little girls really suiatable , what with my Rosie having a disc problem
last year buts she been fine since than chasing tennis balls .

Hi Julie

I bet you have four beautiful Cavaliers and two adorable Chins .I often think about agility or similar and know Sabby and
Karen compete in it but then I think are my little girls really suiatable , what with my Rosie having a disc problem
last year buts she been fine since than chasing tennis balls .

Hi Brian
You don’t have to compete in agility to do agility. You can’t do it with a dog that has disc problems or luxating patellar but you got more than one dog. You would need to find a club that also focuses on people that don’t want to compete and just want to do it for fun. The Question is can you run fast enough? icon_nwunsure

I am lucky I got our Rally Obedience Club and we have now started Agility Obedience what is a lot of fun.
It is hard to explain to people that don’t work with their dogs what extra special bond you form when you work your dog. It’s magical and I wish I done it when I had my first dog 27 years ago.
Now Ebony is doing great I even have started training with her, all the way back to basics. And she loves it. She will be my 3rd Rally Obedience dog. Most dogs love working, pleasing their owners and using their brains.

Margaret,

I have a friend in Birmingham who organises some really good 'fun' shows. I don't think they are KC licensed, but I have competed in many of them and they are very popular and great fun. I have already offered to do some stewarding for her next year :*nana:

I wonder if some of the new club members would like to meet up at one or more of Chris' shows. I think she would be really happy to organise one for us as a fundraiser. If the demand was there I am sure she could include a special class for new club members.

I will be seeing Chris on Sunday - would you like me to have a word with her on the subject?

Thank you for the suggestion Flo, this may be something the committee of the new club will want to follow up.

Advertising small local shows to members and encouraging them to think about meeting up socially at a fun venue where they can talk 'cavaliers' seems to be an important service the new club could offer.

I do not post here very often but will try hard to attend the meeting. I have 2 ex puppy farm girls 2 "reject" cavs and a "reject" chin.

I compete in agility and soon to be in obedience. So would be very glad to be a help to anyone interested in these activities.

I am also A pets as therapy visitor and assessor so again would be happy to help anyone interested.

Perhaps a working section of the club could be an idea? I think many cavalier owners will agree that yes they are super little lap dogs but also a whole lot more than that!

Thanks

Julie

I do hope you can come, you will be able to offer so much expertise in so many ways.
A working section may be something we can discuss at the meeting.

Do we know of any UK owner that does heelwork to music with their cavalier? I am sure there must be someone somewhere.

Sandra ( Sandrac ) has posted on the event sub forum offering a lift to anyone going her way & Sabby has also offered a lift.
If there is anyone who would like to come but finds the journey or the thought of travelling alone daunting, why not post here & see if there is someone you can meet up with.

This is very embarrasing :lol: Got my weeks wrong, so I will be able to come to the meeting. There's only one problem though, it would help me a lot if somebody could give me a lift to the venue from Coventry Railway Station, as I can't find details of the bus service on Transport Direct.

On the other hand, if somebody is going from Birmingham, could I hitch a lift with them please?

Yours hopefully
Flo;)

So pleased this is going ahead, I do think there is a huge need for a club for people with interests other than conformation shows - the majority of Cavaliers are in pet homes and there is a wide variety of interests and activities, and it sounds like these are going to be represented.

I'm sorry that we will not be able to attend - one disadvantage of living so far away from everyone else - so please accept our apologies. Wishing you a very successful meeting, really looking forward to hearing the outcome.

Flo - I'm so pleased you will be able to attend after all. I hope someone is able to offer you a lift.

Hi

As the meeting is Thurs I shall unfortunately be stuck in work but if I was able to
attend I would of been more than happy to pick you up on the way down Flo , but
am sure some kind person will be able to sort something for you .

Short sighted

I feel it is very short sighted hold the meeting during the week - prohibitive to a great number of people. A days holiday for me to attend!

Rachel

Rachel, it was not possible to book a room at Stoneleigh at the weekend

We would have preferred to hold the meeting at a weekend, but the meeting rooms were not available then, and it had already been decided that the choice of a KC owned venue would be a good indication of our intention to try for KC registration.

from Margaret's post above

Hopefully future meetings will take place at the weekend.

Short Sighted

I appreciate this and had already read Margaret's post thank you. Presumably it was not decided at the last minute to hold this meeting - as I understand it this has been in the planning for a length of time.

That aside it will be interesting to learn what is proposed on Thursday and am looking forward to it.

Rachel

Rachel, it was not possible to book a room at Stoneleigh at the weekend

from Margaret's post above

Hopefully future meetings will take place at the weekend.

I appreciate this and had already read Margaret's post thank you. Presumably it was not decided at the last minute to hold this meeting - as I understand it this has been in the planning for a length of time.

That aside it will be interesting to learn what is proposed on Thursday and am looking forward to it.

Rachel

Hello Rachel,

As you will appreciate it can be difficult to find a time & a venue that suits everyone.
I am sorry you will not be able to join us but I will be happy to add your name to the list of apologies if you so wish?

If there are any others who would have liked to attend the meeting but the day, time, location, or their own health will make it it impossible, please let me know.
It could prove helpful to be able to show the amount of support that exists for a pet owners cavalier club.

I am sorry you will not be able to join us but I will be happy to add your name to the list of apologies if you so wish?

Margaret - I will be attending (all being well)

This is very embarrasing :lol: Got my weeks wrong, so I will be able to come to the meeting. There's only one problem though, it would help me a lot if somebody could give me a lift to the venue from Coventry Railway Station, as I can't find details of the bus service on Transport Direct.

On the other hand, if somebody is going from Birmingham, could I hitch a lift with them please?

Yours hopefully
Flo;)

I'm sorry we can't help, but there are four of us already in the car and we need to be at the venue early and don't actually come into Coventry.

The Client Information Pack I have been given states " Buses run from Coventry's Pool Meadow bus station past Stoneleigh Park. A copy of the timetable is available to download from www.stoneleighpark.com "

Looking forward to seeing you.

The Client Information Pack I have been given states " Buses run from Coventry's Pool Meadow bus station past Stoneleigh Park. A copy of the timetable is available to download from www.stoneleighpark.com "

Looking forward to seeing you.

Sorry to tell you Margaret that there seems to be a difference between what is in the information pack and what can be found on the website, which says:

[h=2]By Rail[/h] Royal Leamington Spa, Warwick and Warwick Parkway rail stations are situated on the main London Marylebone-Birmingham line whilst Coventry is a regular stop for the Virgin West Coast Mainline.
London Euston – Coventry services every 30 minutes weekdays
London Marylebone – Warwick Parkway services every 30 minutes
Birmingham – Coventry Frequent services from Birmingham New Street, Birmingham International and Coventry
From these mainline stations you will need to take a short taxi ride. Taxi ranks are based at both Warwick Parkway and Coventry stations, which are approximately 5 miles from Stoneleigh Park.
[h=2]By Bus / Coach[/h] Coventry bus station is 6 miles (10km) away from Stoneleigh Park. Warwick bus station is 9 miles (14km) from Stoneleigh Park."

However, I already had the information I wanted from Transport Direct by feeding in only the postcode of the venue. The busses only run every couple of hours and I need two of them from Coventry.

I look forward to meeting you tomorrow. Am I correct in assuming that you are using one of the committee rooms in the KC Building?

Back