Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Puppia Harnesses

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    102
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Puppia Harnesses

    What size do your pups wear? Piper is 9 months old and quite petite at 11-12 pounds. What size should I get?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,389
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Brooklyn is a little under 7kg (15 lbs) and she is a large...but that is getting too snug on her, so for you, I would say large. I know a medium would be too small as Brooky had one as a med. when she was about 5 months. Brooklyn is very long and lean, not stocky at all, so while she weights more than Piper, she is really petite in actual size (she is all legs, ha!)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    102
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Darn, I was worried about hearing that. I already ordered it in a medium. I guess I will just return it if it's too snug. Piper is so leggy too - sounds like our pups are alike.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,389
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That's okay...see how it goes. I had to go through two Puppia harnesses because the large was too big for a while, so I had a med. then moved on to a large. What design did you get?!

    Yeah, I laugh at Brooklyn, she has this spot on her cheek that looks like a Cindy Crawford beauty spot, and she is all legs, so I just call her a super model She is a year now and everyone things she is still a full on puppy because she is so lean and leggy. I love her

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    102
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    She sounds like such a cutie. I got the Spring Blue (the plaid) because it was the one that I liked the most that was available on Amazon since I have Amazon Prime. (free 2 day shipping)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    575
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eg93 View Post
    She sounds like such a cutie. I got the Spring Blue (the plaid) because it was the one that I liked the most that was available on Amazon since I have Amazon Prime. (free 2 day shipping)
    We have the Spring Blue one too I love the puppia harnesses! You probably want the large. I ordered a medium for my smaller girl (she is 12lbs) and sent it back. It was just too tight. All 3 of mine are wearing a large and they are 12 - 16 lbs.

    Flash Blitz Holly

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,389
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Brooklyn was a small when we first got her as a puppy at 12 weeks...we have moved through the Puppia sizes, but a small was great for the beginning!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynMom View Post
    Brooklyn was a small when we first got her as a puppy at 12 weeks...we have moved through the Puppia sizes, but a small was great for the beginning!
    Oh good! Was hoping I wouldn't have to return them to Amazon for a medium! Thanks BrooklynMom!
    ________________________________________________
    Mom to tri puppy Chloe Louise ...and a cat, and a rabbit

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bailey is 6.5 lbs at 14 weeks old. I originally ordered him a medium in the vest, step-in harness because I read they ran small. Well, it was huge! So I ordered a small and put the medium away for him. The small fits well, still with some room for him to grow into.

    Congrats on your new puppy. They're so much fun!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Portia View Post
    Bailey is 6.5 lbs at 14 weeks old. I originally ordered him a medium in the vest, step-in harness because I read they ran small. Well, it was huge! So I ordered a small and put the medium away for him. The small fits well, still with some room for him to grow into.

    Congrats on your new puppy. They're so much fun!
    Thanks Portia! I've read a lot of your posts about Bailey and they've been - and I'm sure will continue to be - very helpful as I have had many of the same questions!
    ________________________________________________
    Mom to tri puppy Chloe Louise ...and a cat, and a rabbit

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •