• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puppia Harnesses

eg93

What size do your pups wear? Piper is 9 months old and quite petite at 11-12 pounds. What size should I get?

Brooklyn is a little under 7kg (15 lbs) and she is a large...but that is getting too snug on her, so for you, I would say large. I know a medium would be too small as Brooky had one as a med. when she was about 5 months. Brooklyn is very long and lean, not stocky at all, so while she weights more than Piper, she is really petite in actual size (she is all legs, ha!)

Darn, I was worried about hearing that. I already ordered it in a medium. I guess I will just return it if it's too snug. Piper is so leggy too - sounds like our pups are alike.

That's okay...see how it goes. I had to go through two Puppia harnesses because the large was too big for a while, so I had a med. then moved on to a large. What design did you get?!

Yeah, I laugh at Brooklyn, she has this spot on her cheek that looks like a Cindy Crawford beauty spot, and she is all legs, so I just call her a super model :) She is a year now and everyone things she is still a full on puppy because she is so lean and leggy. I love her :)

She sounds like such a cutie. I got the Spring Blue (the plaid) because it was the one that I liked the most that was available on Amazon since I have Amazon Prime. (free 2 day shipping)

She sounds like such a cutie. I got the Spring Blue (the plaid) because it was the one that I liked the most that was available on Amazon since I have Amazon Prime. (free 2 day shipping)

We have the Spring Blue one too :p I love the puppia harnesses! You probably want the large. I ordered a medium for my smaller girl (she is 12lbs) and sent it back. It was just too tight. All 3 of mine are wearing a large and they are 12 - 16 lbs.

DSCN4602-1.jpg

Love this photo!!

We have the Spring Blue one too :p I love the puppia harnesses! You probably want the large. I ordered a medium for my smaller girl (she is 12lbs) and sent it back. It was just too tight. All 3 of mine are wearing a large and they are 12 - 16 lbs.

DSCN4602-1.jpg

You may find that the medium fits fine. Kokoda is about 7kg now and according to Brooklyn's Mom 15lbs .
I bought him two medium harnesses, one fits perfectly and the other is avctually too large around his neck.
There is a large difference between the two colours i got. I got a brown one i think it was called coffee or something and a green.
The green was too big for him and still is slightly.

But just send it back if you find it too big :)

I received the medium sized harness today. It fits fine around her but the neck part of it is gaping and does not even begin to fit snugly. This sucks because a small would probably be too tight around her shoulders. I guess I am going to have to send it back and order the exact fit one with the adjustable neck straps. :(

I had to stop using the cute pullover ones because of this. They worked fine for a while, but then when she grew up, the proportions just were not right. It is hard because all of dogs are slightly different in all areas of their bodies, so works for some, not others. The Puppia step in ones are pretty adjustable too.

Yeah - I really like the pull over ones but will just have to go with a different style.

Is it safe to assume that a Small Puppia harness will be good for an 8-week old puppy? I bought 2 pink ones for my puppy coming home this weekend (couldn't resist the pink gingham with ruffles :)), and I have my fingers crossed that they won't be too small.

Brooklyn was a small when we first got her as a puppy at 12 weeks...we have moved through the Puppia sizes, but a small was great for the beginning!

Brooklyn was a small when we first got her as a puppy at 12 weeks...we have moved through the Puppia sizes, but a small was great for the beginning!
Oh good! Was hoping I wouldn't have to return them to Amazon for a medium! :) Thanks BrooklynMom!

Is it safe to assume that a Small Puppia harness will be good for an 8-week old puppy? I bought 2 pink ones for my puppy coming home this weekend (couldn't resist the pink gingham with ruffles :)), and I have my fingers crossed that they won't be too small.

Congrats on your puppy coming home!!!!

Bailey is 6.5 lbs at 14 weeks old. I originally ordered him a medium in the vest, step-in harness because I read they ran small. Well, it was huge! So I ordered a small and put the medium away for him. The small fits well, still with some room for him to grow into.

Congrats on your new puppy. They're so much fun!

Bailey is 6.5 lbs at 14 weeks old. I originally ordered him a medium in the vest, step-in harness because I read they ran small. Well, it was huge! So I ordered a small and put the medium away for him. The small fits well, still with some room for him to grow into.

Congrats on your new puppy. They're so much fun!
Thanks Portia! I've read a lot of your posts about Bailey and they've been - and I'm sure will continue to be - very helpful as I have had many of the same questions! :)

This is one of the things that drives me crazy about this brand -- absolutely no consistency in sizes across styles. Do NOT get matching leads -- they all have very cheap poorly designed clasps which have often broken off or simply pop open with some near tragic consequences. I have had THREE. yes three of these leads do this within a year or two of very light use. By contrast I still have the original inexpensive Nobby brand leads I bought when Jaspar was a puppy 8 years ago and they work perfectly across all sorts of dogs and heavy use and some larger breed pullers too. Surprised there has never been a recall or class action lawsuit as I know several dog owners who have had the same experience.

Back