Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Puppia Harnesses

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah - I really like the pull over ones but will just have to go with a different style.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it safe to assume that a Small Puppia harness will be good for an 8-week old puppy? I bought 2 pink ones for my puppy coming home this weekend (couldn't resist the pink gingham with ruffles ), and I have my fingers crossed that they won't be too small.

Post Thanks / Like

Brooklyn was a small when we first got her as a puppy at 12 weeks...we have moved through the Puppia sizes, but a small was great for the beginning!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynMom View Post
    Brooklyn was a small when we first got her as a puppy at 12 weeks...we have moved through the Puppia sizes, but a small was great for the beginning!
    Oh good! Was hoping I wouldn't have to return them to Amazon for a medium! Thanks BrooklynMom!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calandra View Post
    Is it safe to assume that a Small Puppia harness will be good for an 8-week old puppy? I bought 2 pink ones for my puppy coming home this weekend (couldn't resist the pink gingham with ruffles ), and I have my fingers crossed that they won't be too small.
    Congrats on your puppy coming home!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Bailey is 6.5 lbs at 14 weeks old. I originally ordered him a medium in the vest, step-in harness because I read they ran small. Well, it was huge! So I ordered a small and put the medium away for him. The small fits well, still with some room for him to grow into.

Congrats on your new puppy. They're so much fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashleighelizabeth View Post
    Congrats on your puppy coming home!!!!
    Thanks AshleighE! Its still hard to believe that the day is really almost here!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Portia View Post
    Bailey is 6.5 lbs at 14 weeks old. I originally ordered him a medium in the vest, step-in harness because I read they ran small. Well, it was huge! So I ordered a small and put the medium away for him. The small fits well, still with some room for him to grow into.

Congrats on your new puppy. They're so much fun!
    Thanks Portia! I've read a lot of your posts about Bailey and they've been - and I'm sure will continue to be - very helpful as I have had many of the same questions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This is one of the things that drives me crazy about this brand -- absolutely no consistency in sizes across styles. Do NOT get matching leads -- they all have very cheap poorly designed clasps which have often broken off or simply pop open with some near tragic consequences. I have had THREE. yes three of these leads do this within a year or two of very light use. By contrast I still have the original inexpensive Nobby brand leads I bought when Jaspar was a puppy 8 years ago and they work perfectly across all sorts of dogs and heavy use and some larger breed pullers too. Surprised there has never been a recall or class action lawsuit as I know several dog owners who have had the same experience.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com