Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue, Border Collie [and honorary Cavalier]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blue, Border Collie [and honorary Cavalier]

I had my beloved Blue put to sleep last night, over the weekend he had become steadily more ataxic, bashing into things & falling over. His appetite was still good but he was a shadow of his former self, he didn't want to play, just slept all the time. His front legs were like spaghetti & his back legs weren't brilliant. he had a bad collapse yesterday afternoon, i caught him in my arms and cradled him, he licked my hand over and over again and looked at me, I knew the time had come. He had been such a brave lad and fought so hard, i think he was just worn out & tired. I am blessed with a wonderful, caring vet who made it as easy as she could for us. i shall miss him so much. Good luck to you all in your fight against this truly horrible condition, i hope all your research pats off and you can help your wonderful breed of dog for future generations . xx

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear about Blue.You have my deepest sympathy on your loss.
    Sometimes things become so difficult, there's a limit to what we can ask them to endure.
    You've been very strong and brave to share your experiences with us and Thank you so much for that.
    He was very much loved and you did everything that you possibly could for him.
    Run free Blue.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarahsum View Post
    I had my beloved Blue put to sleep last night, over the weekend he had become steadily more ataxic, bashing into things & falling over. His appetite was still good but he was a shadow of his former self, he didn't want to play, just slept all the time. His front legs were like spaghetti & his back legs weren't brilliant. he had a bad collapse yesterday afternoon, i caught him in my arms and cradled him, he licked my hand over and over again and looked at me, I knew the time had come. He had been such a brave lad and fought so hard, i think he was just worn out & tired. I am blessed with a wonderful, caring vet who made it as easy as she could for us. i shall miss him so much. Good luck to you all in your fight against this truly horrible condition, i hope all your research pats off and you can help your wonderful breed of dog for future generations . xx

Oh God I am so sorry. I donít really know what to say, this is so sudden. My heart truly goes out to you and your family. You have done so much for Blue and he was very lucky to have such a loving caring mum. Run Free Blue.

You might want to post at the Memorial Page.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

So sorry to read about Blue ,so many of us have been reading about all
    your efforts to help your beloved Blue nobody could of done more .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh no, I am so, so sorry . It is just so difficult to take such a decision but every one of us here can absolutely understand the choices you have faced, the love you have for Blue, and the decisions you have made all along. I think one of the hardest things is to see a much loved dog struggling with a condition like this, with its unpredictability and pain and confusion. The dogs just show such courage, as do owners in making such very hard choices.

I think I can speak for all of us in saying that Blue and you were very much part of the family here, and while Blue was every inch a proud collie, he was also, for all of us, an honorary cavalier .

I know on the forum, our thoughts will be with you and with Blue.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

I can barely write through my tears. Blue reminded me so much of Riley, they had so many of the same symptoms. Most of the time I forgot he was not a cavalier, he could have been her brother - and he was in sprit. Blue is running free at Rainbow Bridge now, meeting all of his cavalier buddies who have had SM and are also now running free, without pain and with strong legs.

My heart aches for you.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am so sorry to read this sad news about Blue.

I hope your memories of better happier times with him will help ease your pain as you deal with your loss.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry that you had to give Blue his wings. His memory will be part of your heart always.
    Sandra
    Minnie-May (6yrs) & Rosie the Rescue (approx 6 yrs)
    My Darling Cinders and Lady Jane waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am so sorry. He will leave such a gap in your life.

Letting them go when the time comes is the last act of love we can show them.
    Thank goodness he was with someone that cared so much and loved him so completely.

I do hope you will stay with us for a little while.

RIP Blue.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi