• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

worried about daisy

Hope Daisy gets out of surgery safe and that her recovery is speedy and smooth! Fingers crossed.

I hope everything goes well for Daisy today and that she makes a speedy recovery. Thinking of you both and keeping everything crossed for her. :xfngr:

thank you to everyone for all the good wishes,
daisy had successful soft palate surgery today and came around ok, her trachea is collasping as they thought which is not great. hopefully she will get through the next 24 hours and i will get some more information tomorrow.
i cannot put any thougts into words at the moment.

Thinking of you–Cavaliers can be tough little dogs, and fingers crossed she will come through all of this just fine. They have a way of surprising us!

daisy update

daisy is home! she recovered well and had no swelling or other complications. along with the soft palate trimming she also had her nostrils enlarged/opened/widened to help her get more air, so from now on life will be just what she can manage to do until it becomes a quality of life issue. she is to be kept quiet for a couple of weeks and has to have wet food and no more collar only a harness.
i am so happy just to have her home and i thank you all for caring. x

So glad to hear it. Isn't it incredible how it could just come on so suddenly?
Well done to the crew at UCD for doing such a good job so quickly.Get well soon Daisy.
Sins

Back