• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Great News About Blitz

Reptigirl

I'm sure many remember Blitz was heartworm positive when I got him. He has a very heavy load of heartworms. We chose the slower form of treatment since my vet was concerned he may not survive the traditional treatment of injections. He received a pulsed Doxycycline treatment + heartguard for 9 months. He finally tested negative for heartworms yesterday :w**h**::w**h**:. Even my vet was surprised he cleared up so quickly. No kennel rest was ever required. He has shown so much improvement over the last couple months I'm sure do to the decline of heartworms. Blitz used to struggle to run and play. Now he runs like the wind without any problems. He has also finally started to get a soft beautiful coat in, his chest no longer appears disproportional to his body and he is overall a very happy playful dog. Total cost of treatment (including heartguard, testing, vet visits & antibiotics) $160. The traditional injections would have costs us $600 - $700!

Amazing!!! You are such an angel for rescueing Blitz and Holly. I hope they all live long and healthy lives now, despite the SM.

Wow! Great job, what a difficult thing to get rid of, and he's clear, you must be so happy!

Wow oh wow!!! What wonderful news!!!! It makes me so happy for Blitz. I love when CT gets hit with the good news :)

That is fabulous news, and as Margaret said, you are so deserving of something really good.

Hugs to Blitz from Claire and I

Wow, that's amazing!! Good job! I've never actually known anyone whose dogs' heartworm was cleared by this treatment as opposed to the arsenic based one. Such great news!

Back