• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What to do inside?

Nalu

What does your dog do in the house during the day (besides sleep) and how old is she/he?

If I'm at home, ours follow me around. If I'm out, they sleep. It makes my wife very jealous.

Ours are various ages.

Now that I can trust them (mostly) they have the livingroom/kitchen to play in. They mostly sleep on the couch or one of the armchairs. Every now and then thistle will steal the toilet paper out of the downstairs bathroom (grr), and once she knocked over the trash can and feasted on whatever was in there (yuck).
Guinness is perfectly behaved (straight from the horse's mouth), but once thistle gets the toilet paper he likes to play with it too.

I have their x pen looped around my entertainment center, I don't think they'd bother the wires at this point, but this way I'm sure it's safe.

If we are home Kokoda is at my feet wherever i am.
If i am out, Kokoda has run of the house, minus the bedrooms, and the backyard. (He has a doggy door)
I don't know what he does exactlty, but i will leave him with an intercative toy , or a chew, or a bone if i am gone for too long.
He LOVES the kong wobbler! And i have bought him a kong genius for christmas. I want to get him one of those brain game ones (cant remeber the name for the life of me at the moment) but i will wait until he is less likely to eat the pieces!

Kokoda is 9 months old at the moment (gosh time flies!)

My two girls sleep after breakfast and their walk, they would sleep all day if I would let them, but as soon as I get their leads they are eager to go. It’s only Harley that is on the go all the time, he sleeps a little in the morning and by 10 o clock he is bored. I am very lucky our downstairs is all open plan so I can throw the ball for him or he gets all his toys out. On Monday evenings I go training with ebony, Tuesday I take Rosie and Wednesday Harley and Saturday I take them all. 1 hour after training Harley wants to play again, so he gets a Kong or something to chew. Harley follows me everywhere.

My little guy has the run of the house, except at night, where he sleeps in our bedroom, as we don't want him hurting himself.
If he's not dozing off on the couch, he's stealing underwear and socks from the washing baskets, or attacking slippers.
We have a big house, so he'll run from one end of the house to the other, playing ball inside or going bonkers and attacking his toys.

We also play chasey together :lol:
He's 17 weeks.

When inside, mine just basically sleep and look out the windows. We have a long ranch house with windows to the floor in most rooms so they will go from room to room to get a better view. They also follow the sun around to nap in it. Oz, the youngest will occasionally raid the bathroom trash. He loves tissues and used q-tips. Mine are aged 4 to 10 1/2 years.

Brooky is a year old..inside, she sleeps or runs around gathering all her toys in a pile and then playing with them. She sleeps a lot or just sits and watches the world go by. Usually when I get home, I find her just staring into the back yard at the sky. Silly girl.

Bobby (2 years and a bit) and Belle (Belle 3 1/2) are couch potatoes, so they sleep a lot. I work from home part-time. First thing in the morning they have their breakfast and then a snoop around the garden. Next it's follow a person of their choice around the house in the mornings whilst getting ready for the day. Then they have a snooze on the sofa for an hour or so. We have a walk for about 30 minutes and come home, get a walkie treat and then they might have a play fight and I start my work. Belle sleeps in her crate while Bobby wants to play fetch. I kick his toy across the room while I do my work (multi-tasking). Literally, he can do this for more than an hour, until I decide to quit! Poor Belle, she sleeps a lot more than Bobby. Belle likes to snuggle rather than play. They are in and out of the garden when the weather is nice, they both like to look out the windows too, but if Bobby sees a cat walk the top of the fence, all hell breaks loose and both of them want to go out to chase it away. Bobby is the same with birds too! Belle will watch the sky and look kinda dreamy, I like it, it's really sweet.
Sometimes I feel guilty that I don't do more with them, but everyday life gets in the way. I try my best to occupy them and give them a happy life, but wish I could do more.... I'm like that with my child and husband too:roll:

When I'm at work I'm guessing the dogs sleep pretty much all day... because they're both always VERY hyper and energetic when I get home. On weekends, they sleep in the afternoon but play with each other a lot through out the day. Oh, and they also follow me absolutely everywhere. Even if they're sleeping soundly and I get up to go to the bathroom. They just have to check out what I'm doing, lol.

Back