Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rosie Occasionaly Wets In Her Crate At Night

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck tomorrow Brian, hope you manage to get a sample ok!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

hI

Tks Nicki just ordered two of them things and will get a frisbee and soup ladle tomorrow.What is the homeopathic treatment
    for UTI ?
    I am learning all the time ,that is good .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

T

See you at 5.30 AM I will hold her tail you can hold the ladle .Agreed.
    Brian M

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

@ Tania that is hilarious, just spluttered my coffee everywhere!
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    hI

Tks Nicki just ordered two of them things and will get a frisbee and soup ladle tomorrow.What is the homoeopathic treatment
    for UTI ?
    I am learning all the time ,that is good .
    Would need to check that, but preferably a trip to an homoeopathic vet would be in order, as homoeopathy takes into account many things, not just the symptoms you are seeing.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Nalu's is almost finished with her 2 week antibiotic treatment for a bladder infection and still doesn't seem to make it through the night unless she gets at least one walk. With a walk she can sleep nine hours straight. Without a walk I have to get up during the night to take her outside, but at least it's only once now. It's quite easy to put a small plastic tupperware beneath her to collect, and then transfer it to a jar if necessary.

Post Thanks / Like

My Rosie was having accidents in her crate a while back, and when I would take her out to potty, she wouldn't go. She was also licking at her vulva area quite a bit. Turns out that she had a yeast infection. She was put on some anti-fungal pills and is fine now and pottying outside like normal. You can also use a paper plate slid under her to catch the urine and transfer it into a container. They do look at you like you are crazy when you try to catch a sample from them!!
    Holly, Oliver, Rosalita, and Scarlett

Post Thanks / Like

Any news on Rosie?
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds more like spay incontinence than a UTI since the only symptom seems to be slight enuresis (leaking at night during deep sleep). I had an older male lab mix many years ago - male - who had this (obviously "neuter incontinence") and he took phenylpropanolamine daily for the rest of his life, which solved the problem.

One important note - don't ever let any vet catheterize your dog for a urine sample! Easy way to introduce bacteria and actually cause a urinary tract infection, and it's very painful - and you can't get a sterile sample that way so it defeats the purpose. The proper technique to get a sterile urine sample is cystocentesis - which is tapping the bladder directly with a needle through the abdomen. This isn't painful or distressing to the dog like being catheterized, and the vet obtains a perfectly sterile sample. Sterile sample is used for a culture and sensitivity test - free catch or catheterized sample can often be contaminated. Take the dog to the vet with a FULL bladder when getting a cysto.

Pat

http://www.peteducation.com/article....2+1473&aid=995

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrmEQxUh4YA
    Pat B
    Atlanta, GA

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

Went outside with them all at 5.30 this morning and managed to catch about 4 1/2 ml so that was an imrovement ,then walks at 8.00 then to the vets .Archie said there was sufficient urine and so did his little test while asking questions, the test read normal so onto a physical exam which again was fine .Suggested possible cystisis so prescribed Noroclav 250 mg with half twice a day for one week then to go back if the problem persists ,he also said he could if needed presribe a tablet which would tighten her muscles down below but its a tablet for life .I am not too happy about taking tablets for anything for myself and wouldn,t really want poor Rosie to have to unless of course it was the last resort ,so will have to do some reading and see what I can find out .Thanks for all your concern and any comments and guidance wellcome .
    Brian M