• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New Year New Start

smarsden99

Hi Everyone,

As you know I lost my soulmate Scooby beginning of October to MVD and its been a painful experience but I know he is at peace now and he is in my heart forever.

Myself and my family I decided we have room in our family for another cavalier and we have decided to get a puppy in the new year , I have put a deposit on a puppy who will be coming to live with us hopefully in January 2012, he has come for a responsible breeder and the bitch and dog have all the certificates including heart checks.

I know its only been a few months since we lost Scooby but we have done alot of soul searching and know its time our family was complete again and I know in my heart Scooby wont mind.

Scooby was and always will be my special little man but hopefully our new cavalier will bring us much happiness and love for years to come.

Sharon XXX

I know that no dog will ever replace Scooby for you, but I'm happy that you are making room in your hearts for another Cavalier. I am so excited for you and looking forward to updates as you await the puppies arrival.

I wish you many years of happiness with the new puppy!

Oh I'm so pleased for you Sharon - how exciting.

No-one will ever replace Scooby, but a new puppy will help to fill the hole he has left in your hearts and lives...and a wee furry body is good for drying the tears.

Congratulations! How exciting for you and your family. I'm sure Scooby would be happy for you too.:flwr:

Scooby will always be special to you but I am glad you have decided you you are getting another Cavalier.
Also glad you are buying from a responsible breeder. Not to put a downer on things and I am sure you are aware that SM not only MVD is a big problem in this breed. Please also ask (and see) that the parents are MRI Scanned.

The world seems to be divided into owners who need a long time - perhaps years - before they are ready for another dog after losing a loved pet, and those who feel that the best compliment they can give to a departed companion is to pass on that love to another dog. I firmly belong to the second group - I don't think I've ever waited more than a month before getting another Cavalier. Remember all that Scooby gave you, and then pass that on joyfully to your new puppy, who will in no way replace Scooby but will give you his own particular pleasure. And have a happy Christmas too!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

That is wonderful news, congratulations! Scooby will always be in your heart and will be so happy to see you smile with a cavalier again:)

I'm really excited for you! Scooby wouldn't want you to wait too long before getting another dog. I just noticed a California university is providing a Pause for Paws program with dozens of therapy dogs available for students and faculty dealing with stress. "Numerous research studies indicate that the simple act of petting a dog releases the 'feel good' hormone, oxytocin, lowers blood pressure and improves other vital signs."

I know its only been a few months since we lost Scooby but we have done alot of soul searching and know its time our family was complete again and I know in my heart Scooby wont mind.

Scooby was and always will be my special little man but hopefully our new cavalier will bring us much happiness and love for years to come.

Sharon XXX

Sharon, I am so happy for you and I agree, Scooby won't mind one bit. I am sure he is doing a happy dance because he knows another cavalier is going to be loved by you and your family. Our hearts all heal in different ways and how wonderful that your hearts are ready to share love with another. Looking forward to hearing about your new puppy.

Thanks guys for your support and kind words it means alot and can't wait to get the little guy in January ...... Hugs XX

Great news....Scooby will never be forgotten but the new little puppy will brighten your lives and keep you busy :)

Hi Everyone,

As you know I lost my soulmate Scooby beginning of October to MVD and its been a painful experience but I know he is at peace now and he is in my heart forever.

Myself and my family I decided we have room in our family for another cavalier and we have decided to get a puppy in the new year , I have put a deposit on a puppy who will be coming to live with us hopefully in January 2012, he has come for a responsible breeder and the bitch and dog have all the certificates including heart checks.

Sharon XXX

I am also delighted that you feel ready to love another special Cavalier. It is not disloyal to Scooby but an acknowledgement of how important he was and what a gap he has left in your family.

Well done for searching out a responsible breeder that does all the health testing.
Our little dogs need well educated buyers like you that will take time to search out and buy from good breeders that are genuinely trying to breed the healthiest puppies possible.

There are still too many breeders that are breeding from cavaliers that are too young. Heart or MRI certificates do not mean much if the dog is tested when they are still under two and a half years old.

(y) I'm so excited for you and looking forward to meeting your new addition! No cavalier ever replaces another, but each one brings joy and companionship and that's what it's all about.

So pleased for you. Its a testament to scooby that he's made it too hard for you to not have a cavalier in your life.

mel X

Back