• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

got a problem

lindylou

i bought louie a new sheepskin bed 2 months ago and he loved it. i thought he would be lovely and warm through these cold winter nights. problem is now he is weeing up against it 4 nights out of 5 nights so i took it away from him and bought a new hard bed only to get up the next morning and found he draged his blanket out of this new bed and he wee wed inside it so he is now sleeping on a coushion. ive sprayed the sheepskin bed with keep off spray did'nt work can anyone help . carnt keep puting it in the washer every day.

this is the sheepskin bed

6454132643_0039f5306e.jpg

6454135593_7555f94e50.jpg

and now he's sleeping on this bed
5461083783_48f4223d65.jpg

My girl Madison will pee at night if she sleeps on anything soft, but not on a hard surface. It's so frustrating since I have such nice beds for all my dogs. When she first started I wasn't sure who it was since I have 4 dogs. When I finally figured it out, I put her in a crate with a sheepskin pad and she peed on that. Whenever she slept on the hard surface of the crate she was dry at night. I had her checked out by an internist to make sure she had no infection, no bladder abnormalities, etc. and then we tried all the pills to help her bladder control but nothing helped her. So now, I just put a diaper on her at night. It doesn't seems to bother her. I just couldn't bear the thought of keeping her in a crate with no padding every night. And like you, I got tired of washing the bedding every day. So, my solution was just diapers and they've been working great now for about two years.

My Belle does the same thing, has since she was pup. She's a little rascal about it. She'll scrape at the cushion or blanket or whatever soft thing and wee on it. This happens very infrequently, maybe once every couple of months. I think she is marking with her scent, because sometimes she'll roll around in it (or lick it). We have had her checked by the vet as well, all plumbing, etc working properly. She seems to pee on things that are freshly washed as well. She's a perfect little girl otherwise, just has this peeing problem. Hope you can work yours out! We just keep an eye on her and she sleeps on a waterproof bed.

If he is not neutered, he may simply be marking a new possession. This can be hard to change.

Try covering the bed with a small blanket if he has one. If not, you could provide him with a small nylon (they're somewhat waterproof) blanket. I cut up a big one for Nalu and use them anywhere she likes to sit, including her bed and her crate.

Back