Thread: Old Blind/Deaf Blen female in Ashtown pound

Post Thanks / Like

Default Old Blind/Deaf Blen female in Ashtown pound

Just saw on facebook, theres an old blind & deaf blenheim girlie in Ashtown pound - dosnt say whenshe needs out
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Fingers crossed here for this oldie, can't comment about a blind dog, but our Charlie is as deaf as a post, and has no real problems, plenty of hand signals, and following our other dogs, so this oldie would more than likely benefit from a house with another calm older dog?

R.
    Ryan, Lisa, and Kieran.....our 2 Blenhiem girls Lucy and Megan, Jake the Lab, and the old man of the house...Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

My last rescue this year was said to be old blind and deaf with alot of medical problems. She turned out to be around middle age, partially deaf and partially blind, clear heart and her only medical problem was incontinence which cleared with treatment. Even her eyesight has improved with veterinary treatment. She certainly gives my youngsters a run for their money and she is a delightful character too, mind you what cavalier isn't?
    I do hope someone can take this old girl on.

Post Thanks / Like

This lady will shortly be in the care of ICR and will thankfully be taken from the pound to go to her foster. She will need a new home in the future so we will post more details of her in the coming days/week. Well done to Shirley and Emma for getting her sorted

Post Thanks / Like

Poor little girl, how do these poor old doggies end up in pounds?......actually I don't really want an answer to that
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by irishcavalierrescue View Post
    This lady will shortly be in the care of ICR and will thankfully be taken from the pound to go to her foster. She will need a new home in the future so we will post more details of her in the coming days/week. Well done to Shirley and Emma for getting her sorted
    Brilliant news, hopefully wont be too long before the old girl is in the kind of loving home she deserves
    Ryan, Lisa, and Kieran.....our 2 Blenhiem girls Lucy and Megan, Jake the Lab, and the old man of the house...Charlie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I talk to the pound today, and they said she is an incredibly sweet little lady. Thelly went to collect her, and has her over at her place now. She says that her sight isn't great but that she actually has some hearing so she isn't actually completely deaf. Shirley and Emma will step in next in her journey to a new home.

There was some misunderstanding on her actual status–I had 1st read that she was a surrender, but it seems she was actually found wandering and is a stray.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pippa View Post
    Poor little girl, how do these poor old doggies end up in pounds?......actually I don't really want an answer to that
    My old girl was dumped from a car, can you imagine anyone doing this to any dog never mind one partially sighted and partially deaf. Luckily she was caught by a lovely lady who started her on the path to my door!

I am so pleased for this old girl that ICR are helping, I have absolutely no doubt she will make a wonderful family member, well done to all involved.

Post Thanks / Like

So glad shes with Thelma - i was wondering about her all week
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

She's had a makeover and is looking even prettier now!
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008