Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Abbey

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

so sorry to read about abbey its heartbreaking when they are not well give her a kiss and a cuddle from me and louie

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Abbey. xxx
    Kathleen
    Thomas (tri-colour) & Jade (blenheim) waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So sorry to hear this news

Poor Abbey - always hard to make these decisions but for me it would come down to quality of life, if she is having a substantial amount of pain from the eye and this can't be managed, the either I would opt for surgery or I would make the dreadful decision to let her go - quality of life is FAR more important than quantity and no animal should be allowed to suffer
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

I pray for Abbey, and that she recovers from her ordeal. My heart goes out to you .

Daffymum

Post Thanks / Like

Just sending you lots of love from Riley and Bev
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

Her eye is getting better. We're exhausted as we're having to do a minimum of 5 different meds-drops every 6 hrs which is at midnight and then 6 a.m. and noon and 6 p.m. Today she had so much trouble getting up and staying up and my son blurted out that you need to put her down. Broke my heart to hear that but it's always in the back of my mind. I truly cheerish every day with her.
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan
    Abbey my beloved tri who is so embedded in my heart--RIP Sweet Princess

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dear Linda,

My heart aches for you and for your Abbey

You will do what is right for her, as you always have.

My love to you both,
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Margaret. The neuro said I would know when it was time and I truly don't think it is but I don't think it will be much longer either unless this progression slows down. She has changed so dang much in the past year. We put these dang wood floors in because of the dogs and they are so hard on her. I think I'm going to buy alot of scatter rugs which are washable and put where her paws will always be on carpet and that will help tremendously. She is still happy so I don't think it's time. I love this breed so dang much but I will never ever again own a cavalier after these three leave us. This disease just rips my heart out.
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan
    Abbey my beloved tri who is so embedded in my heart--RIP Sweet Princess

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Abbey. I'm so sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by linderbelle View Post
    Oh Margaret. The neuro said I would know when it was time and I truly don't think it is but I don't think it will be much longer either unless this progression slows down. She has changed so dang much in the past year. We put these dang wood floors in because of the dogs and they are so hard on her. I think I'm going to buy alot of scatter rugs which are washable and put where her paws will always be on carpet and that will help tremendously. She is still happy so I don't think it's time. I love this breed so dang much but I will never ever again own a cavalier after these three leave us. This disease just rips my heart out.
    I really feel for you and I am in tears reading your post. Mine are just in the early stages of CM/SM but it is heartbreaking seeing them in pain or discomfort. Before mine showed any symptoms and were diagnosed I used to read other peoples posts on here but it doesn’t prepare you for what is to come. I am very grateful for the people on here that helped me, I don’t know what I would do without their advice but like you said I don’t think I could have any more Cavaliers in the future. It breaks your heart every day. For me it’s like sitting on a time bomb.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "