Thread: Chicken Wings - No More For The Girls

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Chicken Wings - No More For The Girls

Hi

Yesterday morning I gave the girls two little pces of raw chicken wing each for breakfast just before I dashed off to work ,but I just had this feeling ? I normally sit by them when they have any bone and yesterday morning for some reason even though it was time to leave I sat by Daisy and watched her eat ,then after a minute she started pawing at her mouth and then she knocked her food bowl over, so open the crate door and pulled her out and thrust my fingers in her mouth to feel around while she was struggling like mad to get away .An emergency vet visit was flashing through my mind while I was feeling inside her mouth then I found it lodged in the roof of her mouth between her teeth and out it came ,Daisy was fine within seconds but no more chicken wing for them even though I do cut them up into three, it is just not worth the risk so the two packs I have left in the girls freezer are going into the bin .Of course I will continue with their raw meat diet which includes breast of lamb but I will just keep a closer eye on the bone size and softness of it when I chop them into smaller pces .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry you had this scare

I use a pair of rose pruners [on Tania's advice] and cut the bone approx every 1 to 2cm, BUT leave the meat whole, I then feed each dog individually with pliers so they can't swallow whole pieces and also I can make sure they are chewing it and nothing is going wrong.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Daisy, so glad she's OK.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

What a scare! Glad she is okay and you were there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi
    I have bben using seceteurs since they have had raw and cut each pce into three and fed individually but
    things did go wrong so no more .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T