Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Very worried for Daisy.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Very worried for Daisy.

Daisy got out of her basket approx half an hour ago and promptly collapsed on the floor.She had no coordination in her legs and her head and neck were trembling.We got her up and she staggered a few steps and went down again on her belly.She kept trying to follow the other dogs and eventually got herself up but her front limbs kept giving way.She's able to walk now,but she falls to one side after a few steps and has had an episode like a seizure where her eyes were blinking uncontrollably.She's now alert,wagging her tail,doesn't seem to be in pain.We're waiting on the vet to get back to us.
    We've never seen anything like this with her.
    I'm not sure that we can do much more for her.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

Keeping fingers, toes and paws crossed for good news for Daisy. Sydney had a similar experience not too long ago and the vet called it a focal seizure. It lasted a few minutes then he was fine afterwards. Thankfully, he hasn't had one since. Let us know what the vet says.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I will be praying for you and daisy.
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sins View Post
    She had no coordination in her legs and her head and neck were trembling.We got her up and she staggered a few steps and went down again on her belly.She kept trying to follow the other dogs and eventually got herself up but her front limbs kept giving way..
    Sins
    This sounds a very similar experience to what happened to Jasper around 9 weeks ago now, it was an extremely scary and upsetting sight to witness, though with Jasper it was put down to his disk problems not his SM. My heart is with you right now and I hope things will settle down with Daisy and she gets through this episode. It is just so sad that you are having to deal with this. Gentle hugs to Daisy.
    Andrea
    Jasper tri
    21/Dec/05, Gabby ruby girl 8/Nov/07, and Felix the cat 4/April/10

Post Thanks / Like

She seems a lot better,she's sleeping now,having eaten and drank.
    She's walked ok a while back,head seems a little shaky.
    We'll leave the vet in his bed for tonight and see him tomorrow.It's much better to have a clear head in the morning.
    She managed to catch a piece of tossed ham from about ten feet away...
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How scary. The symptoms sound like a stroke in human medicine. But there are lots of things it could be.

I would definitely want to talk to a neurologist, rather than GP vet about this.

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Daisy. Please let us know what the vet says - in the mean time, I'm thinking of her and hope she is okay. xxx
    Kathleen
    Thomas (tri-colour) & Jade (blenheim) waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Awe, praying for Daisy!

Do you have Paralysis Ticks there? This is very similar to those symptoms...though, with that said, it would have gotten worse, not better.

I don't have very good advice other than to tell you I'm thinking of you and Daisy!!

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Daisy, I do hope she is a lot better today. We had something a little similar with Jasper in the Summer, he was out in the garden with our son one evening when he became unwell, he could`nt walk in a straight line, his front legs started to do a paddling action, he managed to get into the house to us, but was panting badly, heart pounding, trembling and drooling a lot and looked terrified. We phoned the vet straight away and was asked to bring him straight up, we really thought it was his heart, bearing in mind his heart condition. After an examination and taking some blood the vet felt it was some sort of fit and was told to rest him for a couple of days, he was fine again on the following morning and never had one again since then.
    Pam

and my two special boys Jasper age 14 and Ollie age 4.

Post Thanks / Like

She's absolutely fine this morning,did spins by the fridge at 7 am,trotted down to the bed and I heard her trying to jump on the bed.She made it after a few tries!She's perfectly happy staring out the window upon the ledge.
    No ill effects whatsoever.
    I agree,not a case for a vet any more and I will push for a referral to Jacques Penderis first thing on Monday morning.
    I'll also order a swab from the AHT for Episodic falling.
    Thanks for the posts all.It's been so helpful.

Sins