Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Introducing.......BELLA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

She suits her name........Absolutely beautiful.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, she is so sweet looking! Love her name, it really suits her!

Post Thanks / Like

She is a real cutie. So sweet. I know having a puppy is a lot of work but make the most of her being a pup as they grow up so fast. I look at my three and wonder where the time has gone.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on Bella, what a cute little puppy she is, I agree enjoy the puppy times they grow up so quickly, but still remain very cute.
    Pam

Post Thanks / Like

She is a real little cutie. Sounds like you are doing everything right and we all know what that puppy stage is like. I agree set the boundaries that suit you. Murphy is only 5 months but has the added benefit of learning from Molly who is 3. I personally don't use a crate but have a child gate across the laundry and that is the time out area and nighttime sleep, this gives them free access through dog door to a small secure area outside. I have to admit though I had to change the barrier because he was just climbing over the top of it. During the day when I am home the dogs are usually where I am, though we tend to make the rules that they are not allowed on the carpeted areas (bedrooms), however sometimes I lax the rules as Murphy has taken to sleeping under my toddler's bed in the far corner when she goes down for a nap and being 8 months preg. makes it very hard to get him out quietly...cheeky little guy. It is all personal choice and they learn quickly.

Enjoy these puppy times
    Paula

Molly (Tri female),
    Murphy (Blen boy), and Bonnie (running at the rainbow bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Karlin View Post
    Congrats!

I changed the settings on your picture so it would show inside the thread rather than as a link.
    Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your advice. I definitely need to set some boundaries though, because she follows us everywhere. At first I thought this was good because I could watch her to ensure she doesn't go potty in the wrong place but I don't want her to get upset when we aren't there. I am still at work until Tuesday next week and my parents are looking after her. I feel like a real mum! In the morning at 7:15 I drop her off with her exercise pen, potty and crate and pick her up in the afternoon after work. I had a horrible parvo scare today. I will post about it in the health section. Thank you all for your advice!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes....good to try to make them be okay separated from you, but I could never stop Brooklyn from following me! She still does it! I'm like "umm, Brooklyn, I'm going to the bathroom, you are not missing anything". Ha. What helped me what that I attached a lead to the coffee table next to her bed and when I would cook for instance (we have an open plan so I can see her), she would have the leash hooked to her while she was on her bed. Initially she would try to follow me, maybe cry for a minute, but I would just ignore her, she would stop and just lay in her bed. Now she knows to do that (though she still follows me all the time if I don't give her a command! Must be a cavvie thing).

It's good to teach them the "bed" command (just keep taking them there and saying "bed" and give them a treat when they go). Just a second level of training. I have a friend that used to door bell as a "instruction sound" so that when it rang, the dog ran to the bed and sat! How cool is that?! Brooky goes bonkers over the door bell, but I was so impressed that this woman did it. She just had her child stand out side and ring the bell, the woman would then lead the dog to the bed and say "bed" and treat over and over. Eventually the dog thought door bell meant treat and bed. So amazing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bella is one pretty young lady and the photo is superb. A delightful name too

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

hi
    bella is beautiful good luck with her