• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Research into the frequency of Episodic Falling Syndrome and Dry Eye Curly Coat

Carol Fowler

DNA testing for Episodic Falling Syndrome (EFS) and Dry Eye Curly Coat in CKCSYour help is needed in order to find out the mutation frequency of Episodic Falling Syndrome (EFS) and Dry Eye Curly Coat in CKCS.The Cavalier clubs have been approached by scientists at the Animal Health Trust (AHT) to recruit 200 dogs for samples of DNA, each with a different sire and dam, and each with a different owner. These dogs will be tested for both the EFS and Dry Eye Curly Coat mutations so the frequency of both mutations in UK CKCSs can be calculated.In addition, to broaden the genetic background of dogs sampled, the AHT, aided by the Kennel Club, are also recruiting a second group of 400 dogs, randomly, by contacting owners directly.If you have been contacted by the KC for this purpose, please co-operate fully with this important research. It will enable the scientists to give advice to breeders and monitor the progress of eliminating these mutations from the breed.If you have not been contacted but would like to participate please contact Lou Hayward at the AHT: [email protected] If there are spare places still available, the AHT will be able to contact you.Carol

Last edited:
Anyone know why the above has happened and how it can be corrected.

Carol

No idea Carol. It might be a good idea to delete the post and start again.

I've got another glitch for you too I'm afraid. I tried following the link to volunteer any of my dogs they might be interested in but that doesn't work either. It leads to the AHT site, but not if you try to use it as an e-mail address. Unless the system is taking it out on me of course!

Anyone know why the above has happened and how it can be corrected.

Carol

I think it is because you have copied something that has different font settings to that used here.

I'm not very knowledgeable about these things, so someone may have better advice, but as I often cut and paste articles on to this forum it has happened to me.

This may not be the easiest way but I always 'Go Advanced' and look at 'Preview Post'. You will see if this problem is going to show on your post.

I then just delete the brackets and their contents eg

Leaving just the words ............

Your help is needed in order to find out the mutation frequency of Episodic Falling Syndrome (EFS) and Dry Eye Curly Coat in CKCS.

You could go back into your post & edit it & then press Save.

Hello Carol

Have emailed Lou and also sent KC details of them to see if they can help .

Best Wishes

Brian

Back