Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mist's struggling with the cold weather

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There are pill splitters available very cheaply, ask a pharmacist where to get one, or google it. It's very easy to go through and do a weeks' worth of meds in a few minutes.

My grandfather is extremely economical, and insists on buying the highest dose pills, then splitting into eighths. But it saves a tiny bit of money, so it's worth it to him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soushiruiuma View Post
    There are pill splitters available very cheaply, ask a pharmacist where to get one, or google it. It's very easy to go through and do a weeks' worth of meds in a few minutes.

My grandfather is extremely economical, and insists on buying the highest dose pills, then splitting into eighths. But it saves a tiny bit of money, so it's worth it to him.
    Thanks
    Paula - mum to Murphy(6) & Misty(7), and Jerry our cat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

gabapentin comes in 600 mg tablets, or 800mg tablet; capsules are in 100mg or 300mg [and 400mg].

I think Karlin was getting the 600mg tablets and splitting them, I have split capsules in the past - you can obtain empty capsules from a pharmacy [or off E-bay!] I just use a piece of paper and a knife to divide the capsule contents, then pour it into the capsules. It's not going to be 100% accurate but my vet said that it would even out over the day.

There seems to have been more of a move away from steroids over the last couple of years, Teddy was managed on steroids with other meds for quite some years [PTS almost 2 years ago]. I know everyone hates steroids but they do have a place. They can sometimes be given alternate days which helps the body to normalise between doses.

Carprofen [Rimadyl] and Metacam are both non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID Used for alleviation of inflammation and pain in both acute and chronic musculo-skeletal disorders.

Kayleigh has been struggling since the cold weather started too
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org