Thread: Exciting news!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Exciting news!!

Today we have received the wonderful news that the new total raised for Rupert's Fund is 17014.52!!

to everyone who has worked so hard to raise this amazing amount of money.

55 MRI scans have already been funded, and scans are now being booked in the New Year.

Rupert's Fund was created to help critical research into the painful -and sometimes life shortening - neurological condition, Syringomyelia, which affects predominately Cavalier King Charles Spaniels but also some other breeds.

The Fund pays for MRI scans for older Cavaliers, to help the Canadian genome research, which is aimed at finding the genes that cause Syringomyelia and with the Estimated Breeding Values (EBV) project, which eventually will enable cavalier breeders to select the most genetically appropriate mates to help reduce incidence of syringomyelia and other genetic health problems.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, thats great
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's an incredible figure, all thanks to so many all over the world who have made this commitment to research and to helping breeders get their dogs scanned (about 95% of all funds raised for scanning have gone to pay fully for show breeders' cavaliers).

It equals $26,450, or €20,280. A huge amount, outstripping many of the AKC and club grants in size now for research into SM in cavaliers.

Several thousand has been raised just in the last couple of months -- let's aim for 20,000 in 2012!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

This is just amazing and wonderful news! It really puts a smile on my face!
    Desrae, guardian of two tri-coloured cavaliers, Belle 3 years old and Bobby 1 year/8 months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karlin View Post
    let's aim for 20,000 in 2012!
    Well now you mention it...there will be a Spring auction, which will also incorporate unloved Christmas presents - so please don't part with them, they raised lots of money earlier this year

We also hope to hold some mini sales in the New Year...more details soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. My heart just filled with happiness and huge smiles. This is so wonderful.

Post Thanks / Like

That's so fantastic! Well done to everyone.
    Christine
    Spangle born 24/11/07 (Blen)
    Poppy (Blen)who went to Rainbow Bridge aged 13 and a half.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's just incredible and testament to what people can do when they love and care for something so dearly! I for one am filled with pride to be a part of the fund.

In such a short space of time- not even 2 years - to have done so much and scanned so many dogs is an outstanding achievement!

Here's to little Rupert- the precious little man who has no idea what he has helped achieve!--i'm certain he must have received his gold wings after this!!

Karen

Ruby - my stunning soul mate who defies the odds every day
    Charlie- my angel at heart and devil at play

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karen and Ruby View Post
    It's just incredible and testament to what people can do when they love and care for something so dearly! I for one am filled with pride to be a part of the fund.
    I think we should all be proud, so many forum members have supported us in different ways, from buying things to holding events themselves...thank you all.

Here's to little Rupert- the precious little man who has no idea what he has helped achieve!--i'm certain he must have received his gold wings after this!!
    I hope so - I know he would be absolutely thrilled to be involved, he loved everyone and everything and always wanted to be at the centre of things It's wonderful for us that the fund was named for him, and that he is known all over the world now - he was such a very special wee dog; he inspires us every day.