• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Exciting news!!

Nicki

Today we have received the wonderful news that the new total raised for Rupert's Fund is £17014.52!!

:thnku::thnku::thnku: to everyone who has worked so hard to raise this amazing amount of money.

55 MRI scans have already been funded, and scans are now being booked in the New Year.

Rupert's Fund was created to help critical research into the painful -and sometimes life shortening - neurological condition, Syringomyelia, which affects predominately Cavalier King Charles Spaniels but also some other breeds.

The Fund pays for MRI scans for older Cavaliers, to help the Canadian genome research, which is aimed at finding the genes that cause Syringomyelia and with the Estimated Breeding Values (EBV) project, which eventually will enable cavalier breeders to select the most genetically appropriate mates to help reduce incidence of syringomyelia and other genetic health problems.

It's an incredible figure, all thanks to so many all over the world who have made this commitment to research and to helping breeders get their dogs scanned (about 95% of all funds raised for scanning have gone to pay fully for show breeders' cavaliers).

It equals $26,450, or €20,280. :D A huge amount, outstripping many of the AKC and club grants in size now for research into SM in cavaliers.

Several thousand has been raised just in the last couple of months -- let's aim for £20,000 in 2012!

let's aim for £20,000 in 2012!

Well now you mention it...there will be a Spring auction, which will also incorporate unloved Christmas presents - so please don't part with them, they raised lots of money earlier this year :)

We also hope to hold some mini sales in the New Year...more details soon.

It's just incredible and testament to what people can do when they love and care for something so dearly! I for one am filled with pride to be a part of the fund.

In such a short space of time- not even 2 years - to have done so much and scanned so many dogs is an outstanding achievement!

Here's to little Rupert- the precious little man who has no idea what he has helped achieve!--i'm certain he must have received his gold wings after this!!

*ng*l

It's just incredible and testament to what people can do when they love and care for something so dearly! I for one am filled with pride to be a part of the fund.

I think we should all be proud, so many forum members have supported us in different ways, from buying things to holding events themselves...thank you all.

Here's to little Rupert- the precious little man who has no idea what he has helped achieve!--i'm certain he must have received his gold wings after this!! *ng*l

I hope so - I know he would be absolutely thrilled to be involved, he loved everyone and everything and always wanted to be at the centre of things :) It's wonderful for us that the fund was named for him, and that he is known all over the world now - he was such a very special wee dog; he inspires us every day.

Back