• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Frankie died

gloucester girl

Yesterday we lost our beloved Frankie. He was a month off his 15th birthday, and he sadly died on our daughter's 11th birthday. We are grateful that Frankie was in good spirits and health nearly until the end, and he did not have to suffer for long. Susanne, David, Johanna (13) and Eleanor (11)

Oh so sorry for your loss- and so upsetting for your daughter! What a wonderful age for a Cavalier and long life he had with you all.

Thinking of you at this difficult time :(

hi
so sorry to read of your loss of frankie what a brilliant age he was no matter how old they are its still heartbreaking

I'm very sorry to hear of Frankie's passing. How awful for your daughter,I hope she can focus on the many happy years you all had with him and to appreciate what a blessing it was to have had such a long lived boy with an excellent quality of life until almost the end.
Sins

So very sorry to hear your news, that is so hard that he passed away on your daughter's birthday and just before Christmas too. I hope though that the many happy memories of all the years you have had together will be a comfort to you all.

It is a wonderful tribute to your love and care that Frankie lived to such a fantastic age.

I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope you take comfort knowing that Frankie had a full life. What a great age, rest in peace beautiful boy. x

Although it's difficult today to see beyond the sorrow,
May looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow.
- Author Unknown

Thank you

Thank you for all your kind thoughts and replies. It is really helpful to read them. We are finding the house very quiet at the moment, and are still expecting to hear the padding of paws, to feel the nudging of Frankie's nose for a cuddle...yes, and even hear the slurping up of water and all the other habits of an old boy! You might be interested to hear that Frankie did not have a heart murmur, though he lost most of his hearing and his sight in the last year. He loved his food until the end! Our girls are very sad but coping really well. Thank you again, Susanne xx

So sad for your girls when Frankie had been there all their lives.

Fifteen years is a wonderful age. RIP Little Man

Back