• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rescue remedy for dogs?

pippa

One of my dogs gets quite hyperactive when there is a change in the house like visitors at xmas. I give him his own space etc and we don't have a lotof people around just all of the kids and grandson all here together!

I tried kalm-aid for him a few years back when we first got him and were training him for behavior issues (he is our rescue boy) but even after a month he was not any different so I stopped giving them to him, the training did work though:)

I want him to feel relaxed over xmas and a bit calmer, so we can be too!

I was told rescue remedy can be good (by a friend and my vet) and wondered has anyone tried it and did it work?

I use rescue remedy with my rescue Aled when we go to an obedience show, as he gets stressed by all the bigger dogs milling around (he's especially nervous of Border Collies - of all the breeds to choose!). I find it works quite well, and has the advantage of being purely herbal, so not another drug for them to take.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

I use rescue remedy in my pups water a few days before we travel when we take them on the ferry to England, while we're on our journey and when we get to my parents house - mainly there as theyre a but wortied by mums cats!!!! & they seem grand on it

I use Rescue Remedy for Little Joe the night before show sometimes and it works really well for him. So that he doesn't build up a tolerance to one preparation being used regularly though I alternate it with Skullcap and Vallerian tablets, which are also herbal of course and work equally well.

Back