Thread: Worms

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Worms

Hello everyone,

Sorry to be posting again so soon. This week Bella has worms. I gave her sentinel today and there were round worms in her poop. I was doing some research and found many people posting "My dog has worms! The tablet didn't work!" I was always under the impression that if a dog has worms in its poop then the treatment HAS worked. Is this correct?

Post Thanks / Like

If the worms are being evacuated, then it's working. Often the worms are so small that you can hardly see them and they don't seem to be moving - easy to mistake for bits of food - so perhaps this is why people think the medication doesn't work. But it certainly seems to be working for you!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Bella was only picking at her food for the last 2 days and I thought it might have been the heat, 5 hours after the sentinel and she goes potty and it had worms (round worm) and she scoffed her dinner tonight. She has also been coughing and I had no idea that coughing was a symptom of worms, I thought it was fur balls or her coughing because she chews her rug.