• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Worms

Alana

Hello everyone,

Sorry to be posting again so soon. This week Bella has worms. I gave her sentinel today and there were round worms in her poop. I was doing some research and found many people posting "My dog has worms! The tablet didn't work!" I was always under the impression that if a dog has worms in its poop then the treatment HAS worked. Is this correct?

If the worms are being evacuated, then it's working. Often the worms are so small that you can hardly see them and they don't seem to be moving - easy to mistake for bits of food - so perhaps this is why people think the medication doesn't work. But it certainly seems to be working for you!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Thanks. Bella was only picking at her food for the last 2 days and I thought it might have been the heat, 5 hours after the sentinel and she goes potty and it had worms (round worm) and she scoffed her dinner tonight. She has also been coughing and I had no idea that coughing was a symptom of worms, I thought it was fur balls or her coughing because she chews her rug.

Back