Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Advice on Abbey from my fellow SM owners

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Linda. A BIG hug to you and many angels and prayers for Abby as she flies to rainbow bridge

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't know how it works with your vet - ours comes out to the house, I put the other dogs away then put the dog who has passed away in a basket on the floor and let them back in to say their goodbyes. It's hard for us but it has made it SO much easier for them - don't forget they are losing their companion too. Then I take them myself to the crematorium.

If you are going to your vets, perhaps they would let you take the others in afterwards? Or could you bring Abbey home for a bit afterwards?

From what you've said in your last post, it really does sound like time - especially if she has stopped eating too. You are doing the right thing, sadly she would not pass peacefully from SM, we have to help them when it's time.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry you have to face this now Linda.
    You have already grieved so much for her,you and your husband have struggled enough and done all that you possibly can for her.
    Don't be so hard on yourselves,when you have spent so long battling for her,sometimes it's hard to let go.
    You have our support and respect for making all the tough choices throughout her illness,from diagnosis to surgery and all the dedicated aftercare.
    The last few years have been a challenge for many of us,trying to learn about SM and manage our dogs condition as best we could.
    Be kind to yourself.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

Linda,

Our thoughts are with you and Abby tonight. A little prayer of comfort and peace flies your way tonight from Virginia.

Ruby, Sydney and Duncan in Virgina

Post Thanks / Like

Sleep in peace sweet Abbey. Love and hugs and many, many tears from all of us
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm so sorry that it has ended up this way.
    I'm thinking of you.

RIP Little Abbey
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh Linda, I'm so sad and have tears reading this but know that you have done everything you could do. I will write more about how much abbey meant to me personally. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Abbey run free of pain at rainbows bridge.

Anne
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like

Abbey 1/24/2004 - 1/3/2012 RIP my dear princess. I love/loved you more than you will ever know and I know we did the right thing. I only pray you know we did. You are pain free from this very ugly disease. I am so dang lucky God chose you for us. I don't know how I will manage without our nightly butt rubbs and your sweetness. The pain is unbearable right now.
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan
    Abbey my beloved tri who is so embedded in my heart--RIP Sweet Princess

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry. I've been thinking of you and Abbey all day hoping for a miracle. Now I can't stop crying.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

Rest in peace dear Abbey. Sending lots of love and prayers to you and your family.