Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forrest's 3am Trip to the Vet...still concerned...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apwerner View Post
    Crazy that he isn't more sleepy on 12.5 mg of Benadryl because I pass out from 25 mg! And I obviously weigh a lot more than 7 lbs

Sonny was not sleepy when his vet gave him benadryl either. I was expecting a lethargic pup and he was just as bouncy as ever.....

Post Thanks / Like

Did you use anything different when you cleaned? Anything new in the house, sprays etc., is it just confined to his face? If he would tolerate it, I have used an ice cube wrapped in paper towel to soothe the area when one of mine was stung.

Post Thanks / Like

Ruth-confined to the face and nothing new used to clean. Actually didn't use too many chemicals in general. Good idea about the ice. I was so worried he's eat the ice after reading about bloat on here that I actually put some of his toys in the freezer and he really likes the cold on his mouth and it seemed to help a ton. thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Aww, my heart breaks for the poor little tike.
    I worry about spider bites, or even wasp and bee stings with Jessie. We live in a semi rural area and living in Australia,
    the spiders are pretty nasty. We have white tails on our property, and no matter how many times we've sprayed and had professionals
    for a call out, they come back again within weeks.

How is Forrest now?
    Without sounding ridiculous, did she check his teeth? Just thinking that usually with people, swelling around the nose and mouth can
    usually be a sign of a tooth abscess. Do dogs even get those?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry for little Forrest. It's great that you got him to the vet so quickly! Where in Kansas are you? I moved from Hutchinson a year and a half ago. I had the best vet in the world there--also a 24 hour emergency facility. If you'd like her name and are near the area, I'd be happy to pm you. I hope Forrest feels better soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Poor little Forrest. I hope he is feeling better.
    Kathleen
    Thomas (tri-colour) & Jade (blenheim) waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Hope little Forrest is having a better day! We are sending lots of hugs.

Post Thanks / Like

Jessieandme: I sort of thought it could be teeth as well after it didn't go away with the steroid injection and a few rounds of Benadryl. I looked, though, and nothing inside his mouth looked too crazy. I did buy a tooth brush, which we had been waiting to do until his big teeth were in, and he had his teeth brushed for the first time. I can't even imagine the kind of critters you have in Australia! I would be terrified!

Tara- we're in the Overland Park (KC) area. We took him to Blue Pearl for the overnight stuff. Hutch is about 3 hours away, but I'd love any recommendations if you want to PM them my way!

Thanks Kathleen & AshleighElizabeth!

He seems to be doing better finally. When he was in the most pain he wanted nothing to do with us, and beginning yesterday afternoon he started getting to be more clingy and more like himself. A bit lethargic, but I guess that's to be expected. Swelling is down quite a bit, but is still there some. He doesn't seem to be as uncomfortable, though, which is the best part. I give him the benadryl in just a bit of peanut butter so he'll take it easier and I swear he's going to be so upset when he gets better and doesn't get his peanut butter twice a day. He goes crazy for that stuff.

I had the flu yesterday, but it worked out okay because I got to stay home from work, and take care of Forrest...we were a SUPER pathetic duo.

Thanks so much for all the well wishes! We really appreciate it and all the advice!

Post Thanks / Like

Aw, I'm so glad he's feeling better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

hi
    ive being thinking about forrest alot over these past few day's and pleased to read he's getting a bit better its awfull when they are not well please give forrest a big kiss and cuddle from me and louie
    happy new year to you all