Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Forrest's 3am Trip to the Vet...still concerned...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Relieved that he is starting to feel a little better.
    Even though he is still unwell, he is still as cute as a button.
    Hope your both feeling a lot better soon.
    At least you both have one another to take care of each other while your both under the weather

Post Thanks / Like

Poor forest!! Those pics broke my heart!! I am late in replying to this...sorry! So how is forest going now?

That looks exactly what Brooklyn looked like when she got stung by a bee and it happened that fast. I did not see the bee or the sting, only noticed when she started pawing at her face. It is obviously a reaction/allergic reaction...glad you took her to the ER vet because that swelling can soon block the airways, so good job. If it is still there now, after all these days, I would really get into your regular vet. Can you talk on the phone/email your regular vet? My vet lets me call and email for free, so it might be worth asking and sending along these pictures...at least for your records if nothing more.

It could be a reaction to a bite or sting, it could also be an allergy to a bit or sting (this is how we found out Brooky is allergic to bees in fact), so it is important to know if she is allergic to something, that way you can keep an eppi pen type thing for dogs on hand just in case it happens again.

HUGS to Forest!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone so much for your support! I don't know what I'd do without this board! Forrest is sooo much better and had his final shots yesterday and at 4 months (he was born Aug 27) he weighs a whopping 8 lbs 10 oz!! Vet cleared him to stop Bendaryl and he looks so much better.

I actually think he has more energy now than ever before! It was nearly impossible to get a picture of him because he was just zipping around so fast, but this is as good as I could do.

Thanks again so much for all your help!

Post Thanks / Like

Great news, I am so pleased.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear he is on the up! Hugs to forest!